GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
The tacked on piece of sheet plastic/metal does not do it for me, but it does seem to be quite popular overall

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
The tacked on piece of sheet plastic/metal does not do it for me, but it does seem to be quite popular overall
I respect that. It’s a kin to wheels. I personally disagree with some folks on wheels. And they’d personally disagree with the wheels I’d like.

the mk7.5’s front bumper is super busy but doesn’t even match the rear. The rear is bland as hell. My plan was a spoiler extension and a diffuser. Not an actual real working diffuser. Those are just too crazy looking. More like a fake diffuser. I like the look myself. Just waiting on rennwagen to make mk7.5 diffusers 😂

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I don't mind it. I just think it stands too tall. If the length of it above the top of the hatch was half as tall as it is I think I might be able to rock one.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I don't mind it. I just think it stands too tall. If the length of it above the top of the hatch was half as tall as it is I think I might be able to rock one.
I know exactly what you mean! I’ve seen the longer round ones and it wasn’t for me. It was too loud IMO

but I saw a mk6 with one. Just how you’d want it. But I felt it wasn’t for me, only because of how subdued it was. Just my opinion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I respect that. It’s a kin to wheels. I personally disagree with some folks on wheels. And they’d personally disagree with the wheels I’d like.

the mk7.5’s front bumper is super busy but doesn’t even match the rear. The rear is bland as hell. My plan was a spoiler extension and a diffuser. Not an actual real working diffuser. Those are just too crazy looking. More like a fake diffuser. I like the look myself. Just waiting on rennwagen to make mk7.5 diffusers 😂
I want to do exhaust tips too to help the rear out a bit, but it's not as easy for 7.5 Rs so I haven't figured out what to do about that yet. Don't really want to buy a catback when the goal is just to have better looking tips.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I want to do exhaust tips too to help the rear out a bit, but it's not as easy for 7.5 Rs so I haven't figured out what to do about that yet. Don't really want to buy a catback when the goal is just to have better looking tips.

If you cut the 3 spot welds on the stock tips and pull them off then the burger tips fit perfect on the 7.5

Also on the 7.5 we have the TCR diffuse which is an incredible value... biased I suppose

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
20201021_172910.jpg

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
If you cut the 3 spot welds on the stock tips and pull them off then the burger tips fit perfect on the 7.5

Also on the 7.5 we have the TCR diffuse which is an incredible value... biased I suppose
The R has oval exhaust tips though and when you remove the tips you're left with oval pipes, so that's why I say it's not as easy. I'm not sure round exhaust tips would work on an oval pipe.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Oh I totally get it, I’ve got aerofab Version myself and still am not sold on it,lol. But the tiny little add on of the factory rabbit spoiler just wasn’t enough for me, so this option looks good enough for me since my cars not in it final form anyways 😂

But yeah it’s all subjective, the TCR diff for me would look perfect if it didn’t swoop so far out at the edges like a step after the wheels, but people loving doing that one on their cars even though they don’t do the TCR skirts that were cohesively designed to flow with them so the rear section behind the Bumper didn't Just flow out randomly and abrupt.
*not my images
57031E0D-5087-4F6A-879A-BCA0B14B6163.jpeg

C56A893C-1DD5-4D61-856E-0B0CA9266651.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I’ve seen axle backs. Even let’s you retain the exhaust flap thingy

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
strongly recommended. 2 best mods I've done to my car were APR Plus and Helix. Helix is a great value.
I have the regular sub. Sounds pretty solid. Then I heard a helix. It thumps more dramatically but it’s a bit clearer with less distortion

I’m no audiophile though. But the helix seems like a good upgrade

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Helix was well worth the money on my MK7 with comp. media MIBII. Speakers are clearer and you can hear the sub perfectly. Went with the extended spare tire rod and mounted mine under my spare after putting down some sound deadening in the back.

Honestly for under 400 bucks, I don't think you could transform the stock setup as dramatically. Personally it's great if you're streaming music. Needs a little EQ adjustment from time to time if you use FM radio, but Siruis is pretty good with the helix too.