GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Some of the new cars at work have been sporting temp tags since September. Assuming state gov is way behind over pandemic restrictions.

The only time we had a problem with registrations was when covid first hit and the tax collectors offices shut down. Since they opened in april/may we've been getting registrations and plates to our customers in under a month. It's a 4-6 week wait for appointments, but as a dealer I can just drop off our paperwork and they get it back to us within about a week. Covids no excuse anymore lol

The temp tag we lost was good till April 9th, so technically they’d have till then.

Just kinda funny driving with no tags at all lol, hopefully our 200 mile road trip this week isn’t eventful because of that.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Bet that was a blast. Have heard that it can be unsettling driving on the banking as it it's actually pretty steep and the wall is right there
First time at Daytona, they had us do a slow parade lap. You feel like the car is going to fall over and you're going to fall out the window. Once you're up to speed, that feeling goes away.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Got ticketed by a cop who was baiting me. He was driving in the left lane going 15mph UNDER the limit. He was getting passed by cars in the right lane and I was stuck behind him. I was assuming he was about to make a left turn or something so when it was clear I signaled into the right lane, passed him, and then signaled back into the left lane. Lights flipped and I got pulled over by two young (maybe 25 years old) cops. Making jokes about how "my car must be fast" and such. It was almost like they were watching me in their rear camera like "hey do you think we can drive slow enough to get this GTI to pass us?"

Technically passing in the right lane is illegal, but so is just driving in the left lane if you're not passing someone. 🤷‍♂️

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Got ticketed by a cop who was baiting me. He was driving in the left lane going 15mph UNDER the limit. He was getting passed by cars in the right lane and I was stuck behind him. I was assuming he was about to make a left turn or something so when it was clear I signaled into the right lane, passed him, and then signaled back into the left lane. Lights flipped and I got pulled over by two young (maybe 25 years old) cops. Making jokes about how "my car must be fast" and such. It was almost like they were watching me in their rear camera like "hey do you think we can drive slow enough to get this GTI to pass us?"

Technically passing in the right lane is illegal, but so is just driving in the left lane if you're not passing someone. 🤷‍♂️
Sorry to hear that, better late than never to pick up an Amazon dashcam for $75. It will probably never happen to you again, but a judge would review that and chew these guys out.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Well about two weeks ago a box truck removed my front bumper... Just picked it up last night, and I'm very pleased with the results. Also the ST RSB I ordered from Urotuning arrived (just a day after I placed the order!), so I'll be looking forward to getting that installed. First though, having a local shop install my SRS-TEC hatch lip. P3 gauge and oil change supplies should be coming Friday, and while I'm under the car I'll figure out what dogbone mount I need and get that ordered.

VERY glad to have the car back, particularly now that the weather is warming up.

Attachments

• 20210305_171735.jpg
    20210305_171735.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
  • 20210323_155801.jpg
    20210323_155801.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 122
  • 20210323_173051.jpg
    20210323_173051.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 132

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Sorry to hear that, better late than never to pick up an Amazon dashcam for $75. It will probably never happen to you again, but a judge would review that and chew these guys out.

I've had one sitting in my cart on Amazon for almost a year now but haven't purchased yet. Maybe now's the time..

Reactions: the

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Well about two weeks ago a box truck removed my front bumper... Just picked it up last night, and I'm very pleased with the results. Also the ST RSB I ordered from Urotuning arrived (just a day after I placed the order!), so I'll be looking forward to getting that installed. First though, having a local shop install my SRS-TEC hatch lip. P3 gauge and oil change supplies should be coming Friday, and while I'm under the car I'll figure out what dogbone mount I need and get that ordered.

VERY glad to have the car back, particularly now that the weather is warming up.
Amazing how much removing the red accents totally changes the look of the car. Looks great!

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Not just today but over the last few weeks I've;

• Detailed my car inside and out
• Had my car remapped
• Fitted Henko wind deflectors front and back
• Fitted dynamic mirror indicators and also rear light delay modules to make them look slightly dynamic (can't afford the whole rear light clusters 🤣)
• Swapped the badges front and back for black out badges
• Switch up the rubber from Conti sport contact 5 to Michelin PS4

Today I gave my girl a wash and shine spray and put on my black vinyl stickers for my GTD badges to complement the black VW badges. I got the vinyls from Zen Graphics for those in the UK. Good selection and prices of Golf vinyls and fast delivery too!
Just need to powder coat the rims cos I've kerbed the sh*t outta them! 🙈🤦🏾‍♂️
What dynamic mirror indicators did you go with? All the China ones on Ali and Amazon look identical, and the more legit ones (Osram, etc.) seem way too expensive for what they are.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
What dynamic mirror indicators did you go with? All the China ones on Ali and Amazon look identical, and the more legit ones (Osram, etc.) seem way too expensive for what they are.
Went with these guys:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32877964009.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dYO7g5d
Not super bright during the day (can still be seen from the front), but you can still see the little square flash if you look for it in the mirror with the clears. They work in time with my Osram Dynamic headlight signals and have held up pretty well. They double flash on lock/unlock as well.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Amazing how much removing the red accents totally changes the look of the car. Looks great!
Didn't even notice. Had to go back and look. So true. Looks great

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I thought they made the RSE10s in both satin and gloss. They were both options on the website in the past.
Maybe I’m wrong!!!! If so... my apologies. I have the Satin and wasn’t aware there may have been another bronze option. Is the Gloss Bronze the old Goldish color? Thought that was discontinued.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
On modded euros there are satin bronze, gloss bronze, and just bronze for Nuespeed wheels.

I don't recall having 3 bronze options when I bought my wheels though ME a couple years ago.