GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

IES99

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Bet that was a blast. Have heard that it can be unsettling driving on the banking as it it's actually pretty steep and the wall is right there
It was a lot of fun. The pace pick up truck was generous because we were told that max speed was to be 70 MPH but he went faster than that. So by lagging behind a little (no passing) I could accelerate all I wanted out of the banked turns. I got more brave as we went along and was able to reach between and 95 and 100 MPH on the back stretch. The ESC and tire warning light came on at one point. I was just getting comfortable when my 3 laps were over. I could have gone faster. The wall didn't seem that close and I did not come close to getting a "Darlington stripe". Best $20 I have spent in some time.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
It was a lot of fun. The pace pick up truck was generous because we were told that max speed was to be 70 MPH but he went faster than that. So by lagging behind a little (no passing) I could accelerate all I wanted out of the banked turns. I got more brave as we went along and was able to reach between and 95 and 100 MPH on the back stretch. The ESC and tire warning light came on at one point. I was just getting comfortable when my 3 laps were over. I could have gone faster. The wall didn't seem that close and I did not come close to getting a "Darlington stripe". Best $20 I have spent in some time.
Makes sense that they would have a pace car or you'd have a bunch of cars in the wall

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
tuned the mk7. Went MTM stage 1+, install was quick. First time tuning a car, but damn this thing pulls. Going stage 2 in the upcoming months

Last edited:

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
Finally got a decent pic of the Rennwagen spoiler. Hoping to install the APR springs this weekend and then throw on my new VMR wheels.

Attachments

• 364E01B8-07C0-4028-BD5E-4E0459F8D07A.jpeg
    364E01B8-07C0-4028-BD5E-4E0459F8D07A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
IMG_20210321_173119_resized_20210323_120257566.jpg
IMG_20210321_173125_resized_20210323_120257105.jpg
IMG_20210321_173429_resized_20210323_120256584.jpg

IMG_20210321_205705_resized_20210323_120258038.jpg
I went on the intercooler mission - I posted a thread asking people about their experiences and everyone was correct. Yes, buy the clips in advance, I didn't and had to leave the car tarped over night until the clips came in the next day. I first looked to zip tie it but... that was too ghetto. I broke the little hood latch clip thing, like someone mentioned. The mishi itself, fit like a dream, the only modification that I needed to do was sand down a bit of the radiator support bracket so that the provided mishi bracket can go over it. Started her back up, and she lit up like a Christmas tree - it was all the driver assist options, turns out that happens when you restart the battery. After that a CEL came on, ran the code, forgot to replug one of the sensors, plugged it in and cleared it, no code. Now upon start, I hear a little bit of plastic noise coming from the engine bay, so I'm not sure if that's everything just settling in if you will or if I have to find the culprit. I'm pretty pleased with myself and the install. It was a bitch, way harder than on a MK6, but, got it done. Now just to get that creek out of the way, I have a feeling its got to do with a light vibration of that hood latch cable that I broke, so I'll zip tie it and see if it helps.

Took it for a boot and ripped it. Car feels like it has a better response and pulls slightly harder, I think. Next on the docket is an IS38.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Finally dropped my car off for the fuel system and turbo install. A little disappointed I’m not doing it myself but we’re in high season and I’m working 60-70 hours a week with one day off. Should have it back at the end of the week to start tuning.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Finally dropped my car off for the fuel system and turbo install. A little disappointed I’m not doing it myself but we’re in high season and I’m working 60-70 hours a week with one day off. Should have it back at the end of the week to start tuning.
Who's got it?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Who's got it?
Corr Motorsports. I’ve known Andy for years, his wife’s car has the same fuel system I went with and he has a close working relationship with Sneekytuned who is doing my tuning.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Corr Motorsports. I’ve known Andy for years, his wife’s car has the same fuel system I went with and he has a close working relationship with Sneekytuned who is doing my tuning.
Gotcha, I was just wondering if a dealer had it and if the service shop here was worth a damn. I'm kind of playing a waiting game right now to see if my waterpump is leaking or not. I don't think it is, but I've been dreading taking it to the dealer for warranty work. Andy's only worked on my car once, but we're cool. I've gone to Marc at VAP for so long I'm just a lot more comfortable leaving my car with him. I went to VAP before Marc even owned it, when it was owned by Andrew (who now owns AV Motorsports) and Pete, and I just continued going there after Marc bought their shop.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Gotcha, I was just wondering if a dealer had it and if the service shop here was worth a damn. I'm kind of playing a waiting game right now to see if my waterpump is leaking or not. I don't think it is, but I've been dreading taking it to the dealer for warranty work. Andy's only worked on my car once, but we're cool. I've gone to Marc at VAP for so long I'm just a lot more comfortable leaving my car with him. I went to VAP before Marc even owned it, when it was owned by Andrew (who now owns AV Motorsports) and Pete, and I just continued going there after Marc bought their shop.
I’ve known Andrew even longer lol. Marc installed my downpipe on my Mk7 Gti when I couldn’t find the time to do it. He’s a good guy. The shop foreman at Fort Myers VW is a really good friend of mine, David and the service manager is Andy’s (corr) wife. We’re lucky that we have quite a few quality shops in our area.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Got a new battery and drove it for the first time since October. I missed it bad. The Tiguan is an okay vehicle but I'm ready for my summer car now haha

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
the service manager is Andy’s (corr) wife.
That's nice to know, at least if I ever have to take my car there. I've dealt with their sales people a few times over the years and I've never left happy so my trust in them is pretty low. I'll actually go to Marc and pay him to fix my car instead of taking it to the dealer when it's something they should be covering under warranty. He did my intake manifold and carbon cleaning on my mk6 for $700 after the dealer wanted to charge me $500 for the carbon cleaning when the manifold was already off. Definitely glad we have the indie shops we have though.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Did the usual this morning, whipped up a pair of FMIC then drove separate to the park before work.

The temp tag fell off the GLI last week lol. Taxes are paid but they’re being sloooowwww getting the real plate to us so I guess there’s no rules till then (the Charlotte area is infamous for tons of people driving without plates or way expired out of state tags)

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Did the usual this morning, whipped up a pair of FMIC then drove separate to the park before work.

The temp tag fell off the GLI last week lol. Taxes are paid but they’re being sloooowwww getting the real plate to us so I guess there’s no rules till then (the Charlotte area is infamous for tons of people driving without plates or way expired out of state tags)

Some of the new cars at work have been sporting temp tags since September. Assuming state gov is way behind over pandemic restrictions.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Some of the new cars at work have been sporting temp tags since September. Assuming state gov is way behind over pandemic restrictions.
The only time we had a problem with registrations was when covid first hit and the tax collectors offices shut down. Since they opened in april/may we've been getting registrations and plates to our customers in under a month. It's a 4-6 week wait for appointments, but as a dealer I can just drop off our paperwork and they get it back to us within about a week. Covids no excuse anymore lol