GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
Can you tell me where you got your black badges from?
And how difficult was it to remove the rear badge?

Thanks!
There vinyl stickers. I got them from a company called zen graphics. Based in UK Google them. I was looking for badgeskin alternatives cos there delivery to the UK was like a month and quite honestly a bit expensive 🤣
Hope this helps

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Nothing too exciting, but I swapped the IE filter to a dry filter from AEM. I didn't feel like the IE filter was of that great of quality as I could see perforations in the filter material and a bit of dust in the inlet. I'm also kinda salty towards IE as a brand so this completes the Frankenstine IE v1 Intake. V1 users should check the clearance between the hard coolant line and the intake tubing... If it's rubbing or is close to rubbing, @GTI Jake has a solution for you.

PN: AEM 21-2073DK

Last edited:

IES99

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Drove it 3 laps on the banked oval at Darlington SC at a charity event. That was a pleasure added to the autocross in the raceway parking lot,. Good times for all.

Senson

Car(s)
2018 VW GTI S
Finally had a chance to throw on my Rennwagen spoiler extension.

20210320_181427.jpg
20210320_181436.jpg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I tried to clean the winter dust off and scratched the crap out of the gauge cluster cover, yay.
Here's a few tips from Stealth GTI. Compressed air and a detailing brush is the move next time.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Thanks! I had no idea these scratch so easily. Much appreciated! Cheers.
Can also try Plexus. Used to use it to clean helicopter canopy. Supposed to fill in fine lines in plastic. I used it on helmet visors and it works.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Stock exhaust back on + polished the tips. I want the 7.5 or Clubsport S tips though. These are a bit too small.
22F22861-D776-4A71-9982-DAFCEEB0F29D.jpeg

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
Can also try Plexus. Used to use it to clean helicopter canopy. Supposed to fill in fine lines in plastic. I used it on helmet visors and it works.

Thank you. The scratches are exactly what would appear on a used helmet visor when the sunlight hits it. I am just glad there is a solution to this.

Rajas31

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 Golf R
All fair, just wanted to share my experience. I also have the 034 upper and lower insert coupled with BFI S1 engine and trans mounts. A bit of shutter in first if you do not feather the throttle prefectly but no complaints otherwise.

I have this exact setup also paired with the apr pendulum mount. Experience the same shutter getting out of first. So far so good