GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Did my sparkplugs at 86k. Car feels butter smooth now. The difference is insane!

It was a huge ordeal getting them changed. The coils seperated from the boots and then tore when i tried to yank em out. Finally managed to get em out of there. What should have been a 15 minute job turned into something that took several hours and a few trips to the parts store including new boots.
Was that the first time you changed them?

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
3B49A85C-6E84-419A-9D82-2D6EEC5AE4D0.jpeg

Washed it for the first time in awhile, and clay bar’d it and put nufinish on it very pleased how it looks now!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Did my sparkplugs at 86k. Car feels butter smooth now. The difference is insane!

It was a huge ordeal getting them changed. The coils seperated from the boots and then tore when i tried to yank em out. Finally managed to get em out of there. What should have been a 15 minute job turned into something that took several hours and a few trips to the parts store including new boots.
Maybe we should take the coils off earlier and grease them with dialectric grease?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Maybe we should take the coils off earlier and grease them with dialectric grease?
Coil pack pullers help too. Though a thin bead around the inner edge is called out in the erwin manual. Helps with electrical bleed and keeping things out while making them easier to get off the next time.
1616035048837.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R