GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That sensor is behind the VW badge, so not sure why replacing the windshield would affect it.
All that I'm sure of is an alignment isn't necessary for rain sensing. Alignment is necessary for emergency collision braking but it makes sense that shouldn't have changed because of a windshield like you pointed out.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Installed Dieselgeeks Superpin. Used KyACRASH video to remove the center console. If your gonna do this mod you'll also need a 10mm deep socket to remove the shifter box. When taking the console off I had to max out the ebrake to get enough clearance.
Feels more solid when shifting. Would not recommend though, unless you have a couple hours free and have done all the other shifter mods.
8CFCF651-CE81-498E-93BD-B7EB7A91B3F7.jpeg

6F69C1DD-89CB-467D-A577-9A7585F00B3E.jpeg

672AF1F3-D50E-48A4-8E51-4CAAF903BCB9.jpeg

ArmyShepherd

Car(s)
19 GTI
Replaced the non-HomeLink OEM mirror with the HomeLink version. 10 minute job. At least half of that getting the plastic trim piece off that surrounds the mount.

True plug and play assuming your original mirror is auto dimming. I was afraid of getting the new one seated properly but it went in on the second or third try. I’m listing the original mirror in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

View attachment 198399
View attachment 198400
Where did you purchase the mirror?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Speaking of reliability, I had the GTI go jumpstart a Toyota Rav4 at work. Granted they left a light on or something to drain the battery. But I was joking with my dad saying a Volkswagen is more reliable than a Toyota!
Hey, it may be true now with the Mk7 platform!

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Just sitting in this 458 and revving it a bit made my day yesterday. Hopefully he’ll bring it by the shop and let me develop parts for it since all the Golf R owners can’t be bothered 😂

IMG_9884.JPG
IMG_9527.JPG

Drove that car last summer, simply amazing 😊(y)

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Speaking of reliability, I had the GTI go jumpstart a Toyota Rav4 at work. Granted they left a light on or something to drain the battery. But I was joking with my dad saying a Volkswagen is more reliable than a Toyota
Hey, it may be true now with the Mk7 platform!

Lol, we can all wish. No free lunch. Cheap, fun, reliable, nice. Pick 2.5 of em

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Ryan needs an education!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Currently under the knife @GTI Jake
Nice.....somehow knew you were going there....I need to move to NC

Solution for IE V1 intake tubes with extra ventilation issues (hole worn from chafing on a coolant hardline).

Also installed my old catback and some fresh StopTech on all four corners for Captainratty today

Nice Nice!!!! That looks awesome! And must be nice to fab up your own stuff......