GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I was Jake’s DP & MP with no muffler for a short period. It was really loud, ended up with a BorlaXS and now it’s perfect. This is all my personal opinion of course. I do miss the awesome DSG braps on that mufflerless setup though.
That is my exact set up currently. So if it was extremely loud removing the muffler I should not. Appreciate the insight

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Oh and they don't fit on the MK7.5 as the OEM chrome is too big. You'd have to cut off the chrome.

To elaborate, it's great on the 7.5, you just have to cut the 3 spot welds on each chrome piece to remove the chrome tip and the bms tip installs easily.

There's one video on youtube where a guy cut around the edge the whole way... You don't need to do this and shouldn't

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
ya I like them with the grey. Need to find a screw for them I think, Pretty snug so far. Plan to go DP only as I like the sound.

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
Not today, but last weekend I FINALLY found time to get coilovers wrapped up for the Alltrack; I've had parts sitting around for months. Love the way it feels and looks. Since I've last posted, I've also done intake, turbo muffler delete, and diverter valve spacer. Makes all sorts of silly noises and I'm a big fan. Next (and last for a while) are wheels/tires and catback, but those will take a while since I ordered on Black Friday so a lot of that stuff is/was out of stock.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I emailed IE too about it. Going to send in some pics. Interested to hear their response
Alright. An update for everyone on the IE Intake V1. GTI Jake posted a PSA on YT, FB, and the forum about an issue with the original V1 intake. I have the same problem as do many of you (see attached photos for how mine looks). After going back and forth a few days with IE, they were trying to see if they had a replacement part in their warehouse. Unfortunately, they don't have any (they don't stock v1 parts anymore). They told me my best option would be to get the new version of the intake. So yeah... I have an intake that will eventually have a hole in it. I guess I'll have to wrap it until I can buy a new IE intake or switch to another.

Attachments

• 326E49AF-BC09-4046-8B01-E4F85F834EFB.jpeg
    326E49AF-BC09-4046-8B01-E4F85F834EFB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
  • 536C3947-C7AD-448D-A462-7C442DBC8C28.jpeg
    536C3947-C7AD-448D-A462-7C442DBC8C28.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 98
  • BAE6EBC8-DCDB-44E8-8369-4A7A2163CD31.jpeg
    BAE6EBC8-DCDB-44E8-8369-4A7A2163CD31.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 84

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Alright. An update for everyone on the IE Intake V1. GTI Jake posted a PSA on YT, FB, and the forum about an issue with the original V1 intake. I have the same problem as do many of you (see attached photos for how mine looks). After going back and forth a few days with IE, they were trying to see if they had a replacement part in their warehouse. Unfortunately, they don't have any (they don't stock v1 parts anymore). They told me my best option would be to get the new version of the intake. So yeah... I have an intake that will eventually have a hole in it. I guess I'll have to wrap it until I can buy a new IE intake or switch to another.

Their fix was for you to buy a new one...?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Took my 2019 GTI SE DSG to dealer for EPC light. They said it was because I took the engine up to redline. They said don't do that! :mad:

I would have said, do you guys know what you're talking about?