GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It should be. The same trim part number is listed as compatible across all trims:

View attachment 194608

If you're willing to part with that AliExpress trim, shoot me a PM.
considering, i didn't know this item existed till you... consider the extra $40 i paid for the trim in the kit a finders fee, lol. PM your address and you can just cover shipping

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
It's only going to be plug and play if you have a 2018+ S\Rabbit. If you have any 2016 - 2017, or a 2018+ SE\Autobahn, you have to pull out the glovebox and MIB unit, and re-route some cables. Look at the description on AliExpress, it shows some brief pictures of what you need to do.

And again, this screen isn't 9.2". It's an 8" screen, that looks like the 9.2" one (no knobs, capacitive buttons).

If you have a 2018+ SE/Autobahn, what would be gained from this since they already come with the 8" screen? Just having capacitive buttons instead of knobs?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
If you have a 2018+ SE/Autobahn, what would be gained from this since they already come with the 8" screen? Just having capacitive buttons instead of knobs?
yeah, in that case i think outside of looks (subjective) this would be a downgrade.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
It's only going to be plug and play if you have a 2018+ S\Rabbit. If you have any 2016 - 2017, or a 2018+ SE\Autobahn, you have to pull out the glovebox and MIB unit, and re-route some cables. Look at the description on AliExpress, it shows some brief pictures of what you need to do.

And again, this screen isn't 9.2". It's an 8" screen, that looks like the 9.2" one (no knobs, capacitive buttons).
sad, i have a 2017 and no cable experience, or money lol

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
On that unit, do the AM radio frequency steps go up by 10Khz?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I was looking at how much it would cost to upgrade my 8” glass screen to the 9.2” plug and play. It sounds like that’s not an option unless I also upgrade my glovebox unit. I have an 18 R and my buddy has a 16. Was gonna hand down my screen to replace his 6.5” and sell that to someone with a 15 looking to upgrade.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I was looking at how much it would cost to upgrade my 8” glass screen to the 9.2” plug and play. It sounds like that’s not an option unless I also upgrade my glovebox unit. I have an 18 R and my buddy has a 16. Was gonna hand down my screen to replace his 6.5” and sell that to someone with a 15 looking to upgrade.

Yeah, that's getting expensive. That's a full MIB2.5/MIB3 swap, and cheapest I've seen for that is $1k or more. I've heard rumors of a fabled MIB2 to MIB2.5 upgrade, but have no idea if it's an actual thing, what's required, or if it's even doable.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Does this require any component protection removal or anything like that?
not in my case, it was legitimately plug and play in that 15 min, even reused the trim.

maybe the seller gets the units with the component removal done first as the language selected was in English first then i did the factory setting reset option and i had to manually select it back to English.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Funny you should say that, both my euro tails are the fog light versions. One could argue that with my recent full interior disassembly and wire additions that I had the perfect opportunity to add rear fog wiring. Thought didn't cross my mind. And I even added provisional wiring for the external (exhaust mounted) sound actor from the GTD with Sight & Sound package. Now I'm upset, haha.

This wasn't today but...
View attachment 194543
I will Pray for u

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I wasn’t happy with the lack of sound from the injen evolution intake. So I swapped to the injen short ram intake.

here are some revs

Driving responsibly in D. If you listen you can here a psss with each upshift even though I am purposely keeping out of boost.

here’s me pushing a bit aggressively in S. This isn’t wide open throttle but i did push the pedal about 30-40% of the way.

Had an issue with the secondary air injection not plugging in. But thanks to injen customer service, it was sorted. They had me remove the intake. Connect the sai. Then continue the install.

edit. Forgot to add conclusion. I’m happy with it. Sounds killer. Even with the windows up! Though @D.Gage And I agreed, the manual gti would sound better for sure with this intake. Car doesn’t feel faster or slower. But induction is louder.