GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Funny you should say that, both my euro tails are the fog light versions. One could argue that with my recent full interior disassembly and wire additions that I had the perfect opportunity to add rear fog wiring. Thought didn't cross my mind. And I even added provisional wiring for the external (exhaust mounted) sound actor from the GTD with Sight & Sound package. Now I'm upset, haha.

This wasn't today but...
View attachment 194543
I am going to have nightmares of this later...

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Funny you should say that, both my euro tails are the fog light versions. One could argue that with my recent full interior disassembly and wire additions that I had the perfect opportunity to add rear fog wiring. Thought didn't cross my mind. And I even added provisional wiring for the external (exhaust mounted) sound actor from the GTD with Sight & Sound package. Now I'm upset, haha.

This wasn't today but...
View attachment 194543
My car looks somewhat similar at the moment. Finishing up my Halogen to xenon retrofit and getting my Osrams working with the lowline module. Installing my front and rear dashcam and footwell lights as well.

Don't look forward to having to pull the A pillar trim. Was it scarier than it looks?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

This wasn't today but...
View attachment 194543

rPWPJZS.gif

I could never.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

This wasn't today but...
View attachment 194543

Self-flagellation.

ouch.gif

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Dual Soundaktors? You'll make friends here. A lot of people hate them for some reason.
They seem to prefer the farm tractor sound that occurs naturally.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Dual Soundaktors? You'll make friends here. A lot of people hate them for some reason.

My only complaint was rattles. I loved it on my first 2015 GTI, cause that one didn’t rattle. Just made the car sound *better* (in my opinion) inside the car without being louder to passersby.

My second 2015 GTI’s soundaktor rattled, and instead of trying to remedy the rattle I just turned it to 0 volume with VCDS.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yea, I actually don't mind the sound character of the diesel engine. I'm just curious to see how the structural soundaktor sounds. The second, external, soundaktor that puts noise straight into the exhaust is more interesting, and more expensive/difficult to get going. The DPF silences any exhaust sound the engine could hope to make. Same module (with different software) is installed in various VAG cars. We'll see how it goes in the spring when I plan on getting the exhaust unit.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Don't look forward to having to pull the A pillar trim. Was it scarier than it looks?
I had the whole car stripped, to include the center console, and that pillar was the worst part. The two upper clips are designed to release the pillar partially for the airbags to deploy... but not to let it become a projectile in the cabin. And I'll tell you what, those clips do their job.

VW manual says to always replace them. I pretty much destroyed the clips getting then out, with the help of long needle nose pliers. I don't know how people are doing it via other methods. Or I didn't have the conviction to pull hard enough.

I even priced a replacement pillar, haha. Less than $100 for the gray I need. The other colors were more expensive but within $25-30. The replacement clips are less than $1 each though.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Shoutout to anyone who can manage automotive wiring. I'll work my way through nuts, bolts, and oil all day long but the moment you give me something electrical I'm out lol.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Shoutout to anyone who can manage automotive wiring. I'll work my way through nuts, bolts, and oil all day long but the moment you give me something electrical I'm out lol.

That mindset is what caused my father to specialize in electronics in the late 80s. He watched guys remove engines and transmissions and decided he didn’t wanna work that hard. Wish I inherited that skill set, I can’t read a wiring diagram to save my life.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R