GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I have my fogs and headlights on 24/7

Charlotte area drivers are the absolute worst so they need all the help they can get to notice the white Mk7 coming in hot lol
Preach man, absolute nightmare drivers here

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
So stupid question. I've got the fogs in the bumper and the battery tray out. I'm attempting to figure out the best path to run the wiring harness. If you bought yours premade, where did you ground it? I bought mine off carsystems.eu and the length of the ground isn't long enough to reach the earth lug behind the battery.

I used the one behind the battery and it was just barely long enough to reach both fog lights. Like no slack at all.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I used the one behind the battery and it was just barely long enough to reach both fog lights. Like no slack at all.
These grounds are right below/aft of the headlights. I think that's where the fog harnesses get grounded.

Driver side, above washer fluid reservoir:
View attachment 187723
Passenger side (ignore the behind bumper filth, haha):
View attachment 187722
Thank you both. After inspecting the car I noticed the black plastic circle ground cover by the coolant reservoir had a brown ground wire. So i gambled the black one behind the wiper fluid reservoir was also a ground.

Putting everything back together now for a test.

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
H&R Sport springs installed together with 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers. Some might find this too low but to me it looks perfect. The car has DSG and the drop is very even front to back. Not much difference in ride quality unless on rough roads and RR tracks. If you live in an area with lots of pot holes then definitely get a milder drop. I can only say that I FEEL the turn-in to be sharper and flatter around a corner. But it's nothing scientific as I don't have a way to measure it.

Providing some pictures so someone else can compare the drop to other brands.View attachment 187699View attachment 187700
Did the same to mine, looks great!

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Just got back from driving 8 hours for these, will be on as soon a I get some hub rings
Screenshot_20201002-100924.png
IMG_20201003_002421823.jpg
IMG_20201002_230405088.jpg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Clubsport S RSB [5Q0511305BA] installed. Generally I'm not a fan of increased RSB-rates because I don't like pronounced head toss and road copying. But I couldn't pass on the ebay.de "re-moved from brand new car"-offer for 49.99EUR shipped to at least give it a chance. I have to say I'm really impressed. The rear axle feels less nervous and more alive now. Couldn't find more road copying then before.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
There on, super happy with the fitment.
Those look good, contrast is nice. One of my neighbors has those on his Q5 and I've thought they'd look good on our cars. Are they 57.1 center bore or did you need hub rings? I'm pretty sure our B9 Q5 is on 66.6 cb, but I honestly don't know what the B8 used.

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Those look good, contrast is nice. One of my neighbors has those on his Q5 and I've thought they'd look good on our cars. Are they 57.1 center bore or did you need hub rings?
66.6, the guy I got them from had them on a mk6 R and already had rings in them

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Tried out this ONR stuff and the sealer they make. Pretty good results for a 20 min wash and “wax”. Shiny purty.
23BFA9A1-BE51-4EE4-A615-3ACAF0916126.jpeg