GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
VW cost cut on the Sport, I’m guessing to offset the LP/PP cost.

Things it didn’t get that all other 2016-2017 did:

Fog lights

Under seat storage drawer (drivers side)

IIRC glove box lock.

My 2017 Sport has the under-seat drawer on the driver's side. As far as I know, the distinguishing factors of the Sport trim were:
  • No fog lights
  • Black mirror caps
  • Nogaro wheels (these first three items were, AFAIK, unique among US-market GTIs)
  • Lighting Package
  • Performance Package
  • No sunroof
  • Cloth interior
  • Standard HVAC, manual wipers and headlights, no BSM or other active safety options
I don't think any US 2017s got the glovebox lock.

Elcheapo Loco

Ready to race!
H&R Sport springs installed together with 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers. Some might find this too low but to me it looks perfect. The car has DSG and the drop is very even front to back. Not much difference in ride quality unless on rough roads and RR tracks. If you live in an area with lots of pot holes then definitely get a milder drop. I can only say that I FEEL the turn-in to be sharper and flatter around a corner. But it's nothing scientific as I don't have a way to measure it.

Providing some pictures so someone else can compare the drop to other brands.
189F0873-4214-4EF4-9055-AC40A73CBFC9.jpg
IMG_0447.jpg

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I did see that, I figured. You could buy a base durango or even a good used durango for like 25-30 and put the crate hellacat in for lets say 25, then your all in for 50, vs buying it for what im sure would be like 80
lol, ulitimate sleeper?
Damn a Hellcat crate engine is only 16k, drooling about putting one of those in a 68 Coronet. 😁
https://www.moparproshop.com/inc/sdetail/16460/16733

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Added Noico sound deadening to the floor of the hatch, under the spare.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
No tips really. Once I pulled the first one closest to the wheel well I tried to get my hand behind it to help push from the back.
So stupid question. I've got the fogs in the bumper and the battery tray out. I'm attempting to figure out the best path to run the wiring harness. If you bought yours premade, where did you ground it? I bought mine off carsystems.eu and the length of the ground isn't long enough to reach the earth lug behind the battery.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
These grounds are right below/aft of the headlights. I think that's where the fog harnesses get grounded.

Driver side, above washer fluid reservoir:
IMG_20201002_172132_1.jpg

Passenger side (ignore the behind bumper filth, haha):
IMG_20201002_172100.jpg