GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I mean, wheel set with tires, wont split set, tires have a lot of meat on them. Wheels have barely any rash, asking for full price of wheels and 1/4 price of tires...

Its always this and noone wants someones slightly curbed wheels and used tires for the price of new wheels and bad tires lol

Ive passed on countless sets of nice wheels because they had tires I wouldn’t use.

Noobs always say “69-98% tread left” or some wild statement when they haven’t even measured the depth.

If 9/32 is new, and 4/32 is completely shot then in what world is 5/32 60% tread lol

PET PEEVES to the max. Basically if you can’t show the depth measurements on all four in 32nds or mm the tires carry $0 value or negative value.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Took it to my first autocross. It was a blast. Got 6 runs in and slowly improved from 45 to 38.6s. To put it in perspective, a stock Golf R with sway bars and ps4s was at 37.1. He's not a novice though. A novice S3 was at 39.8

Trying to earn my title as Autocross Champion 😂

20200927_080050.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Took it to my first autocross. It was a blast. Got 6 runs in and slowly improved from 45 to 38.6s. To put it in perspective, a stock Golf R with sway bars and ps4s was at 37.1. He's not a novice though. A novice S3 was at 39.8

Trying to earn my title as Autocross Champion 😂

View attachment 187112

Congrats. Come join the STH thread. I know you're running XSA, but the suspension discussions will be helpful.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Ive passed on countless sets of nice wheels because they had tires I wouldn’t use.

Noobs always say “69-98% tread left” or some wild statement when they haven’t even measured the depth.

If 9/32 is new, and 4/32 is completely shot then in what world is 5/32 60% tread lol

PET PEEVES to the max. Basically if you can’t show the depth measurements on all four in 32nds or mm the tires carry $0 value or negative value.

I can't count the sets of 8.5" wheels that have 225 or even 215 tires mounted. My heart will stop before I stretch a sidewall.

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
IE V2 intake on mine Saturday, I can see why these sellout so fast. Loving the sound. Combined with the TCR exhaust, the car has a perfect sound of what I wanted.
IMG_20200926_162500_100.jpg
IMG_20200926_161244198.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Jake .... same here....I have to triple check every add I see on the 'tex wrt wheels. I thought 11/32nd was new though?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Congrats. Come join the STH thread. I know you're running XSA, but the suspension discussions will be helpful.

Thanks. I'm not even sure if I was in the right class. Just kind of showed up and winged it. I had originally registered as GS, but a fellow Miata driver mentioned because of mods, XSA might be the best. But there was an ls swapped 240z and supercharged camaro in that class, so not sure. Since you mentioned STH, I went and read the scca rules and my car fits in that category to the T. The only thing not mentioned is turbo. I am thinking that's allowed since it doesn't specifically say it's not, but maybe you can shed some light knowing my mods (or read my sig for them).

Should have probably posted this in the other thread, but you guys are crazy serious and changing springs and measuring rebound frequency etc. I just went to have fun out there. I couldn't tell you if I needed more tire pressure or less to help handling at this point, although some guys out there gave some good pointers.

Tangent : just reviewed times from yesterday and there was a Honda fit that was running 37.5 and remember seeing it and from the body roll, it looked damn near stock. 😩

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
10K miles + associated maintenance last weekend in the Alltrack.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
The condition of semi expensive wheels in the FS section here and on Facebook amazes me. Am I the only one who doesn't curb my wheels?
The GTI was my first car with small-sidewall tires and in the first year or so I curbed my Austins twice. One wasn't my fault, I was coming up on an acute right turn on my way back to my house in college and the girl behind me in a huge SUV was texting and didn't see my signal even though I had it on forever before the turn. So I had to take the turn super fast or else she would have rear ended me. The second was me backing out of a corner spot in a Chipotle parking lot where there was a curb that went way farther than I thought and I turned the wheel too soon. Since I got my aftermarkets wheels I havent had any mistakes yet.

Point being, before I had small sidewall tires, I never had to worry about it. The rubber on my Camry always was higher than the curbs. I guess most people aren't used to the skinny rubber?