GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Boring post, did maintenance, installed ruths and liquid moly/filter. Took rs7's out after 10k, look fine and gap is fine, some rough starts lately tho. I will say having a magnetic spark plug tool is very nice vs last time (paper method, never again).

Attachments

• maintenance pac.jpg
    maintenance pac.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
  • plugs Aug 11, 2020.jpg
    plugs Aug 11, 2020.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Picked up my 7 spoke Audi A3 S-Line wheels yesterday from powder coat. I got them done in “Porsche Silver”. I’m pretty pleased with how they turned out. Now all I need is center caps.

Genuine Audi centercaps are $57.05 a pop o_O

View attachment 182546

View attachment 182547

View attachment 182548

Looks good, I’m currently hunting for another set of OEM audi wheels so I can run one for all seasons and the other for a more aggressive track day tire rather than running summer tires for everything

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
You should seriously consider showing this car. With all of that great custom work, I think you'd do well.

I’ll build a show car someday, but this one definitely isn’t it haha. It needs a paint correction and the wheels are definitely best from 10’ away. Just basically built what VW should’ve sent us, the Clubsport S.

The plan is to resto-mod a 1970s Ford or 1980s Dodge crew cab pickup with a Cummins and then build a modern Hemi powered 1970 Cuda AAR tribute/track car.

AntErrickson

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI Autobahn
Put on a Yakima Roof Rack (that I need to clean)

Attachments

• 9A540A09-E058-4EDC-B792-AAE6F3157D27.jpeg
    9A540A09-E058-4EDC-B792-AAE6F3157D27.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 115

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I can't say this was done today, really it's been over the last couple weeks, and not completely finished as I have some "weirdness" due to the Helix amp but... Gloss black trim conversion along with MIB 2.5 (MIB2High) retrofit.

Single garbage picture... more to come with a better camera, at some point. Check engine light after ignition on/off 20+ times without starting the car while programming, my glow plug module does not like that, CEL is now gone after a few starts/drives.

IMG_20200811_070050.jpg

Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I can't say this was done today, really it's been over the last couple weeks, and not completely finished as I have some "weirdness" due to the Helix amp but... Gloss black trim conversion along with MIB 2.5 (MIB2High) retrofit.

Single garbage picture... more to come with a better camera, at some point. Check engine light after ignition on/off 20+ times without starting the car while programming, my glow plug module does not like that, CEL is now gone after a few starts/drives.

View attachment 182798
Nice! Curious to know if there is a thread with all the Gloss Black trim P/N's? Also is it a complete trim swap from the shifter all the way across the dash, glove box trim, and door cards too?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Did my rear brakes and had 245/45R17 PS4S installed. Nice and meaty once again. Was hoping for no rub but I can hear it rubbing the fuel filler neck, will explore options.
That was me after installing my 18x8.5 with 245s......had to order 10mm spacers....I'm sure 5mm would have worked, but why only 5 lol? For me, it was actually a plastic cover over a brake line.