GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Did the Haldex ELD service on my 17 GTI Sport. Much easier with the QuickJack lift.
P1050719.JPG
P1050719.JPG

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Looks unsafe. ;)

Off topic, but romping around Bella Vista are some of my favorite memories as a kid.
You are wrong, steady as a rock and easier than lifting up on jack stands which could be even more unsafe. For additional safety is why the Race Ramps and cribs are in place.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Stock Driver is 49.5 lbs, new seat is 27 lbs, so 22.5 lbs.
Any trouble getting the air bag lines hooked up? And the only function you lose is the power recline feature? Losing 45 lbs is pretty great while improving the looks. How about comfort?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Any trouble getting the air bag lines hooked up? And the only function you lose is the power recline feature? Losing 45 lbs is pretty great while improving the looks. How about comfort?
no, I removed the harness from the factory seat and plugged that in, and put a resistor In the airbag clip. Keep in mind that changing the seat you are losing that airbag completely, no way around that.

Comfort is not bad, but stock seat is def. better in just she comfort Aspect, this just have much more solids bolsters and hold you better.

There are many fixes back option seats that are even lighter in the 15lbs range, but again sacrifice comfort.... the amount of driving you do I would not recommend these, the bolsters are pretty tight if you aren't a very small guy. (Think like Max 30-32” pants size,lol)

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Turns out the New South MK6 column pod fits the MK7 GLI almost perfectly. Now I can have my vent back for those 100 degree days I'm working outside and need all the AC I can get.
20200717_202744.jpg

The only part that doesn't sit flush is the part nearest the steering column. Overall though, highly recommended it if you want to keep all of your vents operational.
20200718_092055.jpg

Last edited: