GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ridebjj

Go Kart Champion
Earlier, I flashed from Unitronic Stage 2 back to stock in preparation for switching to EQT stage 2. But, UPS which originally said delivery would be today just sent an Email with a new delivery date of Monday. MotherF**kers. I paid for 2 day shipping and they received the package on Wednesday.

In any event, just for fun I took the now stock ECU out for a rip to remind myself of the difference as it's been a long time since I drove it in stock config.

Maybe it's just me but I swear the throttle response is better now, especially way down low, like from a stop and under 45 mph. The revs seem to rise more quickly now vs with the tune on.

Weird stuff. Interested to see the difference of EQT vs Uni.

Last edited:

danvilla413

Go Kart Newbie
Finally got around to installing my folding mirrors from DAP and doing the requisite VCDS coding. In the spirt of "while I'm in there" I also installed dynamic turn signals. Really like the blacked out look when they aren't on. I used Humble Mechanic's instructions and everything worked perfectly. Trim tools from HF really made it easy.

9C304312-ECAF-4FDF-9B34-C86F8DA7104B.jpeg

Here's a video of me in awe of the folding mirrors.

Total1

Ready to race!
Installed this new Raceseng shift knob and boot collar a couple days ago. Not sure if I like it yet, I'm very picky about shift knobs but it definitely looks great!
That looks really good. Did they recently came out with that? I didn't see that style when I bought mine a year ago.

KyACRASH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT
That looks really good. Did they recently came out with that? I didn't see that style when I bought mine a year ago.
Yes it is relatively new. They launched preorders back in December, they had a couple different shapes with either smooth or perforated leather or alcantara. Mine took longer because it was a special order, I wanted gloss black instead of the default matte black and their powder coating was super behind due to Covid.

imthanick_a

Autocross Newbie
Brought its cousin home to hang out

Attachments

toothofwar

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Installed the ecs throttle body spacer boost tap to complete the boost gauge install. Wife was not amused about me ripping apart the new car, but we compromised. Didn't get many pictures, this was actually last night and it was getting dark.
20200626_200344.jpg
20200626_200347.jpg
20200625_184658.jpg

Today I installed some led strip lights in my footwell. I used one of the spare toggle switches that came on my uniwerks vent pod. Next project is the lighting in the trunk.
20200627_195248.jpg
20200627_200057.jpg
20200627_195358.jpg

Taim

Car(s)
2016 VW GTI MT PP
Flashed IE Stage 1 high torque. It seems like the torque lost to the Fluidampr (which I installed 10 days ago) at <3000 rpm gets made up for by the high torque file. In the end, it's a wash which is fine for my stock clutch.🤦🏻‍♂️IMG_20200616_214910506.jpg