GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
It runs! First crank it fired right up! Set all the smoke alarms off while it burned off some old oil and fluids. Let it run for about 15 min and there are no leaks, no smells and no CEL! Need to redo the passenger CV joint, managed to get it 2 or 3 splines off and I don't want to remove/replace the boot. Quick fix and I'll be on the road!

When talking about CV joint splines, you don't mean when the axle goes into the wheel hub, do you?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Took it drag racing!!! It was only a 1/8th mile track, but was still a blast! My picture of the slip is crap, so tomorrow when it is daylight I'll upload a slip. Best run of the night was a 7.82 at 90.15 mph. My rt wasn't the best at .354, but got a 1.78 60 ft, So I was happy. This thing is so much faster than my old gti!!!

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Blasted up 276 to Caesar’s Head to hike Rim of the Gap. Early morning, empty mountain roads, BRBL-S and a CTS BOV sure makes me grin.

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Germans. Who knows.

Actually, I understood it to be Americans. Something about US regulations prohibiting compartments with lids that don't latch, in case the vehicle rolls over. It was easier for VW to seal the R's lid than to redesign it for the American market, considering the small projected number of vehicles imported.

That's part of the reason that Mexican-built Golfs have a completely different center console - with a latching armrest/lid.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Hit a nail on the freeway somewhere last night and woke up to a flat tire this morning. Threw the donut on and had about a 80 mile drive home, all freeway. Turned the hazards on and limited myself to 55. On the bright side, I think I set a new MPG record!

089F2156-B2EF-425D-A4F3-2EEF040F3832.jpeg

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
another in my series of not really qualifying for this thread. I parked in the back field the other day when I went to get my car I saw two rabbits having sex....it would have been disturbing had it been only one.

:)

The rabbits just called and requested that you not park in their field.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
another in my series of not really qualifying for this thread. I parked in the back field the other day when I went to get my car I saw two rabbits having sex....it would have been disturbing had it been only one.

:)

That reminds me of this epic scene from Beavis and Butthead Do America: