GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
You guys convinced me. I was skeptical at first, but it's become obvious that the best way to handle someone tailgating, and endangering your life, is to brake check, and increase the risk of them injurying or killing you. It makes complete sense. Thanks for setting me straight.
No the best thing to do is the 007 mod, modify the rear wiper hose to point out to cars behind and fill with sticky black fluid 😎

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Installed Bilstein B14 coilovers... what a night and day difference compared to the lowering springs!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I took the GTI off the road for summer because I want to drive my 128i. In the meantime, I did a wash/clay and finished with TurtleWax ceramic coating spray.
I didn’t apply it to my passenger door as I did my usual Powerlock+Collinite 804 combo to test how long the wax lasts compared to the TurtleWax. Will find out in the winter!
Initial impressions, slick af.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You guys convinced me. I was skeptical at first, but it's become obvious that the best way to handle someone tailgating, and endangering your life, is to brake check, and increase the risk of them injurying or killing you. It makes complete sense. Thanks for setting me straight.
I didn't see anybody recommending brake checking

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Or just slow down and let them pass? Who cares.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I reverted back to stock intake, but have an R filter on order

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
This was a month or so ago. A newer Nissan pickup truck was tailgating me in the HOV lane. I was going the speed limit because there was a unmarked State Patrol Ford Explorer in front of me. I moved out of the way. The truck started tailgating the Explorer and then changed lanes while getting super close to the Explorer's rear quarter. They were immediately pulled over. My wife and I laughed all the way home.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I usually slow down, then launch the marbles as they pass me and flip me the bird lol
I literally just had a guy try and run me last night on a heavily trafficked road while I was driving with my family.... he was in a base GLI.... then roared past me to make a point..... lack of smarts right there

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
CSB: when I first got my Integra we were on hwy and I started playing tag with a couple of girls in an Accord. We were doing 90 or so on hwy with somewhat light traffic when Mrs Mud asked "why is everyone driving so slow?" I swear I heard the light bulb click on as she leaned over to took at speedometer and said "oh"

:)