GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
only marginally qualifying for this thread...on hwy early this AM in the right lane doing 75. I was being tailgated (2 car lengths) by a p/up that didn't want to pass me even though there was no other traffic. I saw the big 1/2 tire section of retread that was in my lane and waited to the last second to swerve around it. He hit it straight on..............he stopped tailgating after that.

a victory in my book even though I know it was wrong.
No dashcam footage? :(

codypka

Go Kart Champion
only marginally qualifying for this thread...on hwy early this AM in the right lane doing 75. I was being tailgated (2 car lengths) by a p/up that didn't want to pass me even though there was no other traffic. I saw the big 1/2 tire section of retread that was in my lane and waited to the last second to swerve around it. He hit it straight on..............he stopped tailgating after that.

a victory in my book even though I know it was wrong.

Nah, you weren't wrong

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

RHolte

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Got my car detailed and had the annual maintenance done for ceramic pro coating.

Wasted money and installed a CTS turbo inlet pipe and turbo muffler delete and an agency power intake.

After a year of driving a stock car I wanted to do something.
What did they do for the annual ceramic maintenance? I just did my car myself.

RHolte

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nah, you weren't wrong

Purposely causing potential damage to someone else vehicle because they're following too close to you is right to you guys?

I don't like people tailgating either, but you guys are just dicks. Two wrongs and all that jazz.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Purposely causing potential damage to someone else vehicle because they're following too close to you is right to you guys?

I don't like people tailgating either, but you guys are just dicks. Two wrongs and all that jazz.
mud simply avoided something in the road.
it's the tailgater's fault for following too closely to be able to react in time.
insurance companies would 100% agree.
don't be a ❄

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
2 car lengths😂😂 At 75, that’s tailgating?
While I get it cause you were in the right lane already... but if someone being close to you makes you uncomfortable it really take no effort to get over and let them pass regardless, then the situation lasted 10 seconds and you are back on with you day.

not seeing how that’s being a “snowflake”

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
this is why I did feel a little bit bad but there was no reason (except poor driving) for him to tailgate. It went on for a few minutes with no one in the other lane and there wasn't an exit coming up. IDK if he was not paying attention or just a crappy driver but either one is bad and if he learned a lesson with only getting scared (or a minor trim piece) it'll be worth it. just guessing it's poor driving and lesson will be lost but admit it's only a guess and no knowledge besides gut.

I was in right lane...where should I have gone, into the passing lane (or the breakdown lane)?

edit: yeah he was tailgating and it in some ways was a dickish move but I would probably do it again. I've done brake checks on people too. 4000#'s of steel moving at 75 mph you should be paying attention. this wasn't a second or two of lapse it went on for a while

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
mud simply avoided something in the road.
it's the tailgater's fault for following too closely to be able to react in time.
insurance companies would 100% agree.
don't be a ❄

Since when are insurance companies the bastion of good morals we should all hold ourselves to? I must have missed that memo, last I checked they were literal scum with absolutely no ethics, and standards so low that nobody should ever wish to hold themselves to them.

Mud purposely waited until the last second to avoid something, with the intent of the person behind him to hit it. That's called a dick move. Should the person have been tailgating them? Nope, they were in the wrong as well, following too close to allow time to react. Doesn't change the fact that having intent of someone else hitting something is a dick move.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
ok I guess we'll just completely ignore the fact that the driver was following too close to be able to react in time

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Purposely causing potential for damage by tailgating someone seems like a bigger wrong to me. Its ticketable in most states as overly aggressive driving. Following that close is bound to give him rock chips anyway so he obviously doesnt care too much about damaging his vehicle

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
and to clarify this was 5:30-6:00 in the AM. sun wasn't really up but you didn't need lights, more importantly the nearest other car was far away, there was no reason for him to latch onto my car. If he wanted to pass there was every opportunity for him to do it.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
and to clarify this was 5:30-6:00 in the AM. sun wasn't really up but you didn't need lights, more importantly the nearest other car was far away, there was no reason for him to latch onto my car. If he wanted to pass there was every opportunity for him to do it.
Which means he was purposely just driving like an idiot. Even if he wasn't tailgating on purpose and thats just how close he normally follows, he needed something to encourage him to not do that anymore. Thanks for doing a public service, Mud lol