GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Installed ECS trailing arm braces. Maybe it's my imagination, but the back of the car feels like it rides better now.

Attachments

• 20200531_104854.jpg
    20200531_104854.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 181

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
How much slip were you getting? And what clutch did you decide on?
honestly I really wasn’t dealing with slip issues i could force it to happen with shitty driving up a steep driveway, but I full WOT pulls I wasn’t feeling slip.
Clutch masters fx500 with the full face ceramic lined (8 puck) disc and just a new Sachs flywheel. I wanted something that was going to give me lots of headroom powerwise and still some form is street decency.

so far driving it around last night, I’m very surprised with how manageable it is, it’s quite like stock for the most part and while the grab is very instant and direct it’s not like it take high rpms to avoid shudder like a typical aggressive ceramic disc.
My only complaint right now and it’s in part just cause I have to get used to it is bite point is very low. I had to pull in a parking lot and remove the clutch stop I had with the stock setup cause it literally felt like it grabbed within the first 1” of travel.
22k miles tuned?
At 3k the car was jb4 only, by 6 it was full bolt on (essentially stage 2 car) at 18k I did the hybrid is38 and WMI injection. Keep in mind the tune was docile for the turbo in regards to boost on a hybrid. 24lbs at 4000 and Holding to 21-22 by 6800. When I tried to get the boost higher like 25-26 the clutch did start getting stinky.

They don’t call him “Full Send AJ” for nothin.
Haha!!!

now I can install this HPFP I have waiting in the garage and make the efforts to fully max out the jb4.

Forgot to mention- also had the 28.6 front sway bar installed while the trans was out and subframe was dropped.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
honestly I really wasn’t dealing with slip issues i could force it to happen with shitty driving up a steep driveway, but I full WOT pulls I wasn’t feeling slip.
Clutch masters fx500 with the full face ceramic lined (8 puck) disc and just a new Sachs flywheel. I wanted something that was going to give me lots of headroom powerwise and still some form is street decency.

so far driving it around last night, I’m very surprised with how manageable it is, it’s quite like stock for the most part and while the grab is very instant and direct it’s not like it take high rpms to avoid shudder like a typical aggressive ceramic disc.
My only complaint right now and it’s in part just cause I have to get used to it is bite point is very low. I had to pull in a parking lot and remove the clutch stop I had with the stock setup cause it literally felt like it grabbed within the first 1” of travel.

At 3k the car was jb4 only, by 6 it was full bolt on (essentially stage 2 car) at 18k I did the hybrid is38 and WMI injection. Keep in mind the tune was docile for the turbo in regards to boost on a hybrid. 24lbs at 4000 and Holding to 21-22 by 6800. When I tried to get the boost higher like 25-26 the clutch did start getting stinky.

Haha!!!

now I can install this HPFP I have waiting in the garage and make the efforts to fully max out the jb4.

You asked me what my car sounds like in the "How to get the Exhaust sound you want" thread so I posted it there.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Because I've yet to hear one of these cars sound good with a catback (my opinion, don't be a snowflake), and I didn't want to blow $2k+ for something that nets zero gains (unless on a stg3+ setup), this is the next best thing.

Just the tips.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I like the sound of my AWE Track catback and have gotten a lot of compliments on it, but it was nowhere near worth the cost.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
0601201555.jpg

Powerflex bushing install part 2: the fronts

More wrestling than I expected, especially getting the old bushings out. Warning, when pressing out a bush, they often let go all at once with a very loud and sudden bang. I think i heard the little old lady gardening next door go "my heavens!" when it happened.

I also was a bit startled, and I was expecting it.

I give this job a 6 on the suckometer. A bit more sucky overall than replacing the intercooler. Straight forward but filthy and physical.

blergrd

Ready to race!
I did a thing! Installed usp intake. First thing I did by myself. I used the shop dap 171 pc tool kit. Great starter kit

Attachments

• 20200531_181513.jpg
    20200531_181513.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 135