GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

HKMP7

Installed the Eventuri Intake with the Racingline Turbo inlet hose. ECS secondary filter kit.
There are a couple more thing I want for the engine bay. Any questions pm.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Installed the Eventuri Intake with the Racingline Turbo inlet hose. ECS secondary filter kit.
There are a couple more thing I want for the engine bay. Any questions pm.

Looks great! I was really wanting one of those intakes but cant afford it right now.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Installed the ZunSport lower bumper inserts to help.protect against road debris damage.

Reminds me of the Kamei grill I had on my old B5.5......to round that look out, you should get a mesh grill to match.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Finally took my car for a real test drive after lowering it. I have an AFS error that keeps coming back no matter how many times I clear it or reset the module with OBDEleven. I've tried resetting, removing the NAR restrictions, everything. I think I may have overextended the sensor or something during the install. I removed the sensor from the control arm but maybe a step too late. No physical damage visible to it, but here's the codes

The lights work fine, cornering lights come on, the calibration procedure runs on startup and the lights are perfectly level, but I think I damaged the sensor somehow.. anybody have any ideas? Clearly it says mechanical fault but I really hope I didn't break it. I'm sure that's not a cheap part

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200422-153036_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20200422-153036_OBDeleven.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot_20200422-153120_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20200422-153120_OBDeleven.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Screenshot_20200422-153123_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20200422-153123_OBDeleven.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Screenshot_20200422-153142_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20200422-153142_OBDeleven.jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 169

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
that's pretty much the only thing that can go wrong on a suspension install that would affect AFS

what's up with the other errors?
I think they're piggybacking off that one. Nothing else seems wrong.

Edit: I think U112300 has to do with ACC/lane assist (which I don't have) and was brought up from me removing NAR restrictions, not entirely sure though. Googling that code keeps pointing me to ACC/lane assist
The trans code has popped up intermittently for a long time. It hasn't caused any issues and I've read that disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes will reset it so I'll try that next, but I'm not too worried about that one.

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
looks like that is part number 5Q0512521J... Pricey for a sensor. Approx $200

Thanks for the part number, I actually had it open on another tab when you replied haha

Yeah... I'm not happy right now haha. I knew I'd screw something up, I guess there's worse things to screw up on a suspension install though

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Got my OBD Eleven, a set of Triple Square 3/8" drive and the upper 034 insert. Waiting on the bendable part (lower insert), and, some wheel chocks (fancy!) and some 1/2 metric sockets for my torque wrench. SportShifter knob is stuck in customs, possibly never to be heard from. Need to pick out a RSB, likely just the H&R 26 and find some black spray paint for the Moog end links, doubt my existing can of clear lacquer is of much use in this case.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Finally took my car for a real test drive after lowering it. (...) I think I may have overextended the sensor or something during the install. I removed the sensor from the control arm but maybe a step too late. No physical damage visible. (...) Clearly it says mechanical fault but I really hope I didn't break it. I'm sure that's not a cheap part
You have an error on front left ride height sensor. So I guess it’s a DCC car then. Have you installed lowering springs only or coilovers? With some coilover-kits on super low setting front right height sensors might go out of range during driving. You removed the sensor during install, is the ride height sensor lever in the right orientation? If you swap front left with front right does the error follow?