GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Those may be my favorite OEM wheels on any car. Well done, they look great. Totally jealous!

Thanks! I'm really happy with them and they're so light for a 19" wheel. I have some 10mm spacers I'm going to throw on the rear this weekend. Wanted to make sure there were no vibrations etc before installing them on though.

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! I'm really happy with them and they're so light for a 19" wheel. I have some 10mm spacers I'm going to throw on the rear this weekend. Wanted to make sure there were no vibrations etc before installing them on though.
How much do they weigh? Were you able to source them used of did you have to pony up new Audi prices?
I think they work so well because they that have that obvious VAG OEM look to them... even if they are not specifically VW wheels.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Awkward... Should one of us change? I’m running 15mm in the front and 20mm in the rear. I think I’m going to run 12mm in the front and the 15mm in the rear after my GMAX RS come in.
AE37A885-88DF-4FCA-A587-5AD58BBC1618.jpeg
3D56B84C-B912-4424-B6AF-E7595A9C0179.jpeg

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Clubsport Muffler and Badgeskins tailight tint.
Didn't actually do them today - but finally got to posting it today.
Washed the car as well.

Attachments

• 20200415_144133.jpg
    20200415_144133.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 142

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
How much do they weigh? Were you able to source them used of did you have to pony up new Audi prices?
I think they work so well because they that have that obvious VAG OEM look to them... even if they are not specifically VW wheels.

They weigh 21lbs each, light for a 19" wheel. I picked them up used off Craigslist for the equivalent of about $700US. They were mint so it was hard to pass them up.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Are you lowered? I don't think I could pull off a spacer on the front without at least the fender screw mod.
Im lowered on DG Springs, so barely. The rear only rubs slightly during very spirited mountain runs. I paid the same amount as you for them, and they came with some really trash no-name tires. "Ironman iMove gen2 AS" Looking forward to getting rid of these. Even worse than the factory Bridgestone RE97AS.

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's a small technical write-up I would love to share with you all.

I couldn't sleep... so I started working on a solution for everyone who wants custom color highlights inside their car, but don't have the facelift BCM... MK7.5 had an optional package for RGB ambient lighting, which allows you to modify the colors of the cluster, infotainment and interior LEDs. On MK7, this isn't possible unless you retrofit all the facelift hardware. So now I'm investigating the ambience color map files.

Here's the "ambience color map" for the MIB. I won't go too deep into technical details, but this file tells your infotainment:
"if it's a GTI, use red highlights in the MIB". My car has "blue" by default, and there's no way to change it to something other than these two colors... until now :)

Long story short: I made a script that makes the raw data "visible", so I can show what's what. In the image you can see some vertical bars with colors. Each of these is a color-setting (consisting of a Red, Green, Blue value, which combine to a color-code). The top half are all blue profiles, followed by a couple of red ones, and occassionally a white and green. I have to do some trial&error to find out what is what. The second half (you can see, the data has a slightly different "shape" there") is still a bit unclear what it does.. hopefully there's something interesting there!

My first test was to replace all "blue" entries by green ones:

And this lead to a new color inside my MIB:
Hi,
I am wanting to install an internal led on the front doors: DRIVE DOOR> J386 - Hardware Number: 5Q0959393B and PASSENGER DOOR> J387 - Hardware number: 5Q0959592B. (Golf Mk7.5).
Is there any way to do this and use the MIB to adjust the brightness of this lighting with a pin connection (for ambient light) of the 32-pin connector?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Mss Sport/Swift adjustable springs, 034 dynamic+ camber mounts, superspeed rr03 18x8.5 +35 wheels, 245/40/18 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires.

No rubbing even with dcc set to comfort mode.

Attachments

• 20200416_084857.jpg
    20200416_084857.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 249
  • 20200416_084915.jpg
    20200416_084915.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 225
  • 20200416_091558.jpg
    20200416_091558.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 222