GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mk7_bk

Autocross Newbie
bought 7$ 60inch piece of chrome vinyl wrap from amazon, wanted to wrap the red strip of the front grill, safe to say its going to stay red. Wrap is super hard to work with and the front piece is very very hard to wrap (for someone with no experience) You cannot take the red strip off grill, there are clips on back but part of it goes under the VW emblem so that wasn't an option. Maybe I bought the wrong wrap I dont know but it was like a dang sticker, not easy to work with at all

scott59

mk7_bk,
I used some stuff called Prostripe, think most auto stores have it, it's 1/4" wide so you need to do 2 rows lapped a little. Definitely not perfect looking up close but past a few feet away doesn't look too bad, not very expensive so might be worth a try.

Pinstripe.JPG

Prostripe Pinstripe.jpg

mk7_bk

Autocross Newbie
mk7_bk,
I used some stuff called Prostripe, think most auto stores have it, it's 1/4" wide so you need to do 2 rows lapped a little. Definitely not perfect looking up close but past a few feet away doesn't look too bad, not very expensive so might be worth a try.

View attachment 168591

View attachment 168593
Ill look into this thank you.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
bought 7$ 60inch piece of chrome vinyl wrap from amazon, wanted to wrap the red strip of the front grill, safe to say its going to stay red. Wrap is super hard to work with and the front piece is very very hard to wrap (for someone with no experience) You cannot take the red strip off grill, there are clips on back but part of it goes under the VW emblem so that wasn't an option. Maybe I bought the wrong wrap I dont know but it was like a dang sticker, not easy to work with at all
I used black amazon sheet vinyl to wrap the chrome on my grill, you need a heat gun to properly work with the wrap material.

A3FFE818-4692-4EEF-9F4B-6157C260002F.jpeg

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny

mk7_bk

Autocross Newbie
This is what I tried to work with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CIRINJ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , maybe im just doing it wrong, i have a heat gun, i have exacto knife, i have what i need but this stuff is impossible to work with. I want both stripes chrome, tried to cut it and get it perfect to cover all the red and its not easy, the vinyl has sticky on the bottom and it doesn't wanna go up in the crack of the grill, such a mess

Strange Mud

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI (+3 more)
1. mk7, pin striping is available in various widths try amazon

2. Quail, What is a Golf R glove box?

and another installment of nothing interesting I had another 400 mile tank new gas price of $2.05. Still on my snow's hopefully next wknd those will get taken off. The forecast say's yes my schedule says maybe.

mk7_bk

Autocross Newbie
1. mk7, pin striping is available in various widths try amazon

2. Quail, What is a Golf R glove box?

and another installment of nothing interesting I had another 400 mile tank new gas price of $2.05. Still on my snow's hopefully next wknd those will get taken off. The forecast say's yes my schedule says maybe.
yes im going to try autozone shortly, amazon wait times are pretty bad at the moment.

imthanick_a

Drag Racing Champion
Last edited:

mk7_bk

Autocross Newbie

Strange Mud

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI (+3 more)
407 miles 12.6 Gal = 32.3

car readout and math agreed. it was on 0 range for about 10 miles....I wasn't super nervous cause I've been lower on the gauge before but I doubt I would make it to work the next day if I didn't buy it.

mk7_bk

Autocross Newbie
407 miles 12.6 Gal = 32.3

car readout and math agreed. it was on 0 range for about 10 miles....I wasn't super nervous cause I've been lower on the gauge before but I doubt I would make it to work the next day if I didn't buy it.
internet says gti is 13.2 gallons

so 30.83 ?