GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Just a couple little things...Finally got around to removing the snow guard in the intake. Haven't gone for a drive yet to see if it sounds any different. Then this morning I saw the thread about broken hood releases so I went ahead and ziptied mine together while the hood was open.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
How is your leather feeling? I used some leather conditioner which made my seat really shinny and greasy as well. I did not want shinny and greasy.

In my opinion, after using the products, there is definitely a difference in feel compared to that OEM matte finish. You can tell it has been conditioned, and has somewhat of a slick feel. It isn't unbearable though; definitely not like that feeling you get when you use Armor-All in your interior. I absolutely hate their products and that over-powering feeling of greasiness. This is a picture of after the detail was done, not the best, but hopefully you get an idea.

BTW, my car is now 5 years old and is still looking good after regular care and maintenance.

Last edited:

eajr

Go Kart Champion
The leather is already sealed...using a conditioner is meaningless. You want to use something like 303 aerospace, opt car wx, or really anything with uv protection in it.

The final step for me was using the Leather Serum by Chemical Guys, which is an advanced UV protectant. ;)

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Wiring and coding for turn signal usage on the LED tails! Thrilled to finally have orange markers all the way around the car...

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Installed Whiteline front endlinks on my Golf-R thinking the factory endlinks were shot, did not help with rattle over sharp bumps.. Ended up the Brembo pads I installed a month or so ago was culprit. Will be tossing those.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
After nearly three years and 90,000 miles, I decided it was time to shampoo and deep-clean the interior. My OEM window shades proved useful for enabling the interior to air-dry without allowing birds or large insects to enter:

I think a day of baking in the sun with the rear windows down will allow the car to be dry by this evening when it's time to lock the car.

Last edited:

eajr

Go Kart Champion
After nearly three years and 90,000 miles, I decided it was time to shampoo and deep-clean the interior. My OEM window shades proved useful for enabling the interior to air-dry without allowing birds or large insects to enter:

I think a day of baking in the sun with the rear windows down will allow the car to be dry by this evening when it's time to lock the car.

That is alot of miles!:eek:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Review thread please?
Fitment was fine. I had to wrestle with the two horns going into the rubber grommets -- had to pull on the plate with the grommets to get it to align with the subframe bolt holes.

No drone. At idle a slightly perceptible rumble when i stand near the tailpipes. Other than that, the sound, inside, is stock (the pipe is catted/resonated). Outside it sounds more aggressive, but not bad at all. I don't like loud exhausts.

The joints are good, no exhaust escaping, no smell.

I'm running 91 octane because California. Can't say i can feel a crapload more power, but it seems the delivery is more stable and consistent. Almost as if there's less of that sudden turbo kick in in feeling. I'll see if the file I got can be used to run E20 with 91 (before flashing I saw the file name listed as E20/93).

Last edited:

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
Installed roceuro stabilizer and BFI dogbone insert. Took out all the slop, very happy. Next weekend if the engine and trans mounts, and check torque on the stabilizer bolts.