GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Finished the badge changes.

Put on the Badgeskins overlay. Since the base covers the old VW I put on the matte VW from Badgeskins since it's preset on a sticker piece, then the CFB VW from Klii. They aren't exactly the same size on the pieces but it's pretty close. Can't tell unless you get up close and can see the sticker edges (like nose close).

Not sure overall. I like it but we'll see if I keep it pending difficulty to clean, etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Finished the badge changes.

Put on the Badgeskins overlay. Since the base covers the old VW I put on the matte VW from Badgeskins since it's preset on a sticker piece, then the CFB VW from Klii. They aren't exactly the same size on the pieces but it's pretty close. Can't tell unless you get up close and can see the sticker edges (like nose close).

Not sure overall. I like it but we'll see if I keep it pending difficulty to clean, etc.

Ive got a Urano gray rabbit and I’m waiting for both my orders to show up so I can do exactly what you did, so was it necessary to put the matte piece on first? I don’t know how the Klii one shows up.also can you show a picture of it from further back?

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Ive got a Urano gray rabbit and I’m waiting for both my orders to show up so I can do exactly what you did, so was it necessary to put the matte piece on first? I don’t know how the Klii one shows up.also can you show a picture of it from further back?
I'll see about getting another one next time I'm out. Can't get much further back in front of the garage.

You don't have to put the matte piece first, but you can't see the VW pattern under the gloss part so you'd have to be REALLY good at eye-balling or use some other way to mark where it goes.

I don't have the time/know-how for the latter and suck at the former, so it was the easiest method for me.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
This

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Here's a few different angles/phone tilts. Lighting got bad with the fog coming in. I might've set my VW part a hair low, hard to tell.

baymax7

Passed Driver's Ed
Not today, but I upgraded the intercooler and did an IE Stage 1 ECU and DSG tune. Had a bit of an issue but thanks to some good customer service and help from a local shop I eventually did what I wanted to do.

Next is to install that lower engine cover.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rhabdomyomatosis

Boomba racing short shift adapter - thing is like magic and took all of 3 minutes to install.

Updated my iphone to iOS13 beta - Carplay is so much better, and exactly what it should have been from the get go

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
Boomba racing short shift adapter - thing is like magic and took all of 3 minutes to install.

Updated my iphone to iOS13 beta - Carplay is so much better, and exactly what it should have been from the get go

Get the Boomba knob too if you didn't! (Or any short, weighted knob) It will make the OEM one feel like garbage :D
I'm jealous of your new carplay, I have to wait like a peasant.

Rhabdomyomatosis

Get the Boomba knob too if you didn't! (Or any short, weighted knob) It will make the OEM one feel like garbage :D
I'm jealous of your new carplay, I have to wait like a peasant.

Thanks for the pro-tip! I might have to do that if they have one close to the stock look.

It's easy to sign up for the iOS13 beta program, no need to wait! Unless your current phone is older than a 6s.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Spent all afternoon trying to get the factory downpipe out. Could not budge the O2 sensor, so tried to get the pipe out as is. Just keeps hanging up on the one bracket. I know if that sensor wasn't in, there would be enough room to twist the whole thing out. Packed it in a few hours ago, a beaten man.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Spent all afternoon trying to get the factory downpipe out. Could not budge the O2 sensor, so tried to get the pipe out as is. Just keeps hanging up on the one bracket. I know if that sensor wasn't in, there would be enough room to twist the whole thing out. Packed it in a few hours ago, a beaten man.

Not to be captain obvious, but did you try the connector? Or just trying to take the sensor off the pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Washed, clay barred, sealed with Jet Seal and then waxed. And now it's gonna rain tomorrow :rolleyes: