DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^^Lol....EZ Up Vista baby...not from Aldi. I only have a parking pad, so need something to shield from working in direct sun or light rain.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
you know when we moved into this house, it had everything we needed except the garage, which was an "option". It checked every box.....I should have made it check the garage box. You never know just how much you need it or want it until you don't have it.

FML

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
^^Lol....EZ Up Vista baby...not from Aldi. I only have a parking pad, so need something to shield from working in direct sun or light rain.

Theres a guy down the street from me who has one of these that he puts outside his garage bay for washing and detailing. He's always out there detailing cars. Do what you can to make your situation work, this should work out nicely!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Theres a guy down the street from me who has one of these that he puts outside his garage bay for washing and detailing. He's always out there detailing cars. Do what you can to make your situation work, this should work out nicely!

This....I have barely done my usual level of detailing cause I have no "cover". This EZ Up will allow that....can't wait to geek out now.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Yep everything is where it should be although I left the alignment pin in the boot at first after install and was like shit everything is completely seized.
Shifter starts feeling smooth after a bit of driving which is why i'm unsure if it is breakin or weight but did notice that it didn't have counterweight.
Hopefully a weighted knob is enough lol I didn't want to have to spend on a knob too :(

Depending on how much you drive, give it like 3-500 miles. That should break it in. I had my BFI weighted knob on install so i couldn't say how the light oem one feels. I could imagine its rough since DG is notchy at first until it break's in a lil imo.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Red Footwell Lighting.

I wasn't going to do this, as I was afraid of the massage parlor look.
But, given the amount of other cars that are now out there with colored lighting - often with colors that can be changed - I figured that is no longer an issue.
Glad I did it!
It looks great, and it's far from being too much - not overwhelming at all, and blends right in with the red strip accent on the doors and sills.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Red Footwell Lighting.

But, given the amount of other cars that are now out there with colored lighting - often with colors that can be changed - I figured that is no longer an issue.
Glad I did it!
It looks great, and it's far from being too much - not overwhelming at all, and blends right in with the red strip accent on the doors and sills.
It's a very nice addition, I'm glad i installed mine. Enjoy.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
It's a very nice addition, I'm glad i installed mine. Enjoy.

Thanks!

Yes, it looks like the car came with the red lighting - rather than that it's something tacky that I added.
So, I'm very pleased.

Last edited:

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Depending on how much you drive, give it like 3-500 miles. That should break it in. I had my BFI weighted knob on install so i couldn't say how the light oem one feels. I could imagine its rough since DG is notchy at first until it break's in a lil imo.

Letting it break in but decided to go with a BFI knob anyways since a weighted knob is always nicer. Never thought I'd do this mod since I do like the look of the OEM and the uniqueness.

Red Footwell Lighting.

Glad I did it!

Did you go with deAuto? And what was the cost? Planning on maybe doing this soon too.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Red Footwell Lighting.

Glad I did it!

I'm debating this with one of the changeable sets. Just been worried it'd look too tacky. :/ Might give it a shot, thanks.