GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Yellow lamin-x stuff tends to crack and melt as i have heard on here... I wouldn't wanna ruin the fogs over that

Is it specific to yellow colored lamin-x where the film itself cracks and melts?

The clear lamin-x doesnt crack, it makes the plastic housings crack. I don't think it would on the fogs since I've read it has to do with the extra heat buildup because the lamin-x film adds thermal mass and reduces how much the housings can cool down. Fogs don't put off as much heat as the headlights. I could be completely wrong, but based on my experience with it and what I've read, I think fogs would be fine. My taillights have not cracked but my headlights have, both have had lamin-x for over a year

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Is it specific to yellow colored lamin-x where the film itself cracks and melts?

The clear lamin-x doesnt crack, it makes the plastic housings crack. I don't think it would on the fogs since I've read it has to do with the extra heat buildup because the lamin-x film adds thermal mass and reduces how much the housings can cool down. Fogs don't put off as much heat as the headlights. I could be completely wrong, but based on my experience with it and what I've read, I think fogs would be fine. My taillights have not cracked but my headlights have, both have had lamin-x for over a year

maybe your correct only the headlights crack cuz its hotter, i think i just saw something somewhere that said be-careful this stuff tends to crack.

Calle

Passed Driver's Ed
The car received a proper spring cleaning. Mounted my Thule roof rack that hasn't been used yet. Also added some paint protection film under the feet of the rack mounts.

It's almost 2 years since it got polish, the CQuartz UK coat delivers nice gloss and good protection.

edrex

Ready to race!
Calle, do you have any side shots of your wheels? Bronze rse52's are high on my list of next mods

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Some new rubber.
Firehawk Indy 500. I was expecting more, maybe like 23hp-32hp but it's more like 6hp-10hp. Coming from the stock Bridgestones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Finally got my cjm pod and glowshift mechanical gauge wired and installed...

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Some new rubber.
Firehawk Indy 500. I was expecting more, maybe like 23hp-32hp but it's more like 6hp-10hp. Coming from the stock Bridgestones.

I’m surprised the tire shop lined up the yellow dot with the valve stem. [emoji106]

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
Swapped the bent wheel from Saturday’s blowout front to back and the wobble went away for the most part (while it didn’t magically unbend the wheel it at least isn’t as noticeable as driving with it mounted in the front.

I also had an egg sandwich in it while waiting to go into work and after owning the car 4months I just now noticed the fabric sticker/cover is missing from the front passenger buckle.

Does anyone know if I can buy a new sticker thing or do I just lay several strips of the fabric since I have a role of it for wires lol

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Swapped the bent wheel from Saturday’s blowout front to back and the wobble went away for the most part (while it didn’t magically unbend the wheel it at least isn’t as noticeable as driving with it mounted in the front.

I also had an egg sandwich in it while waiting to go into work and after owning the car 4months I just now noticed the fabric sticker/cover is missing from the front passenger buckle.

Does anyone know if I can buy a new sticker thing or do I just lay several strips of the fabric since I have a role of it for wires lol

Mirror the driver side buckle. Or just cover the whole thing in it

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Low-profile cloth Audi A3 Euro rear headrests

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk