GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
MK7_Cj......Quick on the draw.....thanks!

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Transported a lawnmower!

What rack is that?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Transported a lawnmower!

A standard push mower will fit in the hatch FYI! I bought one last summer and it fit with room to spare

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Installed rear-view camera, from eBay, using OEM retrofit harness. I'm happy that it's done, but front to back harness routing is always tedious although not difficult. Followed Volkswagens directions to the letter, including unwrapping parts of the OEM harness to splice in the new one. The adhesive on OEM wire loom tape tape is absolutely horrendous.

If you value your sanity just use an add-a-fuse. I chose to risk state of mind and wire into the back of the fuse holder like the instructions say. VW says "lower the fuse holder" with a note that says dash need not be removed for this... While technically true it is an incredible pain in the rear lower it... not worth it, never again.

Last couple pics are of my vinyl wrapped AID bezel, and the fiber optic cable coiled up behind main screen. Figured since screen and MIB 2 were out already I'd fish that through too. Hopefully get AID installed this week

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Hopefully get AID installed this week

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Sweet. Looking forward to seeing pics and write up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Installed a US Millworks front license plate mount. Highly recommend!

Also gave her another bath after our recent 1700 mile road trip.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
New wing mirror covers. Black roof soon hopefully, also have wing deflectors ready to fit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Which deflectors did you go with? Curious if any issues contacting when the mirrors are folded up. Only thing holding me back from getting some, seems most I've read comments on so far get that problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Installed custom steering wheel. Took awhile to get, but worth it! Looks and feels amazing!

Mk7_Cj

Which deflectors did you go with? Curious if any issues contacting when the mirrors are folded up. Only thing holding me back from getting some, seems most I've read comments on so far get that problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I went for the team heko ones. I'll be putting them on Friday so will post up here again. Hopefully no problems, although I pretty much never put my mirrors up anyway

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Installed a US Millworks front license plate mount. Highly recommend!

Also gave her another bath after our recent 1700 mile road trip.

Looks proper....nice. Where are you at in DC...outskirts or like downtown?

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Where did you get it from, and were you able to choose all the design details?

I got it from Control Custom Steering Wheel. Yup! You can customize the color of sticking, whether you want suede, carbon fiber (different types of carbon too), alcantara, whether you want a steering wheel ring and color, and different trim bezel. Worth it!

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
I got it from Control Custom Steering Wheel. Yup! You can customize the color of sticking, whether you want suede, carbon fiber (different types of carbon too), alcantara, whether you want a steering wheel ring and color, and different trim bezel. Worth it!

Sounds expensive... OEM quality though? Looks nice. My one gripe about the factory GTI steering wheel in my '19 is the lack of perforated leather at 10 & 2.

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Looks proper....nice. Where are you at in DC...outskirts or like downtown?

I live in the city itself - Eckington neighborhood. The pic is at my future in-laws house in Silver Spring. That's where I keep all my tools, car wash stuff etc.