GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
dealers give a loaner while getting it tuned?

Downpipe, boost gauge and "other stage 2 goodies" is a little more than a tune. Thats a day or two of work for a dealership

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Replaced my Forge knob with this nice BFI one [emoji106]

Knight Rider

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed both of these today. The signals weren't too bad. The wheel wrap install was a learning experience to say the least.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I did something similar!! I could’ve done a better job, but for a first timer I think it’s alright. I make fix the bottom (so it’s smoother like yours) at a later date.

Also, it’s not crooked, it’s just the angle [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I did something similar!! I could’ve done a better job, but for a first timer I think it’s alright. I make fix the bottom (so it’s smoother like yours) at a later date.

Also, it’s not crooked, it’s just the angle [emoji1787]

Yours looks much better than mine lol the one i got came with way too much material on the sides where the trim pieces are. I tried cutting them down a bit to a tighter/cleaner fit. May have gotten a little carried away on the left side and now i can't tuck it in lol. Probably gonna get another one and try again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
From what I've read, no performance benefit over stock. They just look cool.

But they’re worth +10hp in our hearts. They look sick.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Looking nice, should get a little sock for it for the summer heat/winter :) What did you do regarding the boot?
Yeah its gonna be a scorcher in the summer but I'm used to that with my Forge. For the boot I just installed it normally as anyone ahould. So get the boot from having that pinched look I just had to fiddle around with it before I put the zap strap on.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Installed some red Audi RS3 ignition coils!
I will leave the engine cover off ;)

looks awesome! I have them as well. Def make the boring engine bay look a little better lol

love how everyone is saying they have no performance benefit (not talking about the color) :rolleyes:

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed jb4 on my 2018 mk7.5 TSI 1.8T ...easy install but got one question if someone could answer cos I can't find a direct answer.
The AFR blue wire does it have to be used as it states in instructions as optional , I'm running on default setup map1 and have a date cable for later use as i add a down pipe etc .
From what I have read its needed when changing maps etc so is it required to be wired in ?

As for the tune it works nice and woke the 1.8t right up .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

StewieMk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed jb4 on my 2018 mk7.5 TSI 1.8T ...easy install but got one question if someone could answer cos I can't find a direct answer.
The AFR blue wire does it have to be used as it states in instructions as optional , I'm running on default setup map1 and have a date cable for later use as i add a down pipe etc .
From what I have read its needed when changing maps etc so is it required to be wired in ?

Not sure what maps it's actually required for, but it takes 30 seconds to connect to the afr wire with the provided posi-tap. At the very least, it allows you to see the afr readings on the display screen. Do like the instructions suggest and pull the sleeve back on the wires at the plug, so if you ever remove the jb4/afr tap, it will cover it up.

Edit: Quick research shows that if you plan on doing anything other than map 1, it is required. https://www.reddit.com/r/GolfGTI/comments/7a5ixa/jb4_without_afr_wire_tap/ this is from over a year ago, but I'm assuming the info is at least still semi-correct, unless newer revisions allow for more customization without the afr wire.