GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
After some searching/diffing around. It seems like what I’m looking to get done isn’t not really going to be possible via vcds. Although it’s probably doable by a bit more legwork (meaning, modifying stuff and ‘flashing’ the module.

If this is correct then never mind I guess. Maybe my next question is.....can I deactivate it from displaying via the infotainment, and leaving the Drive Mode button feature still functional since I have already made the tweak to display what drive profile I selected to show on my cluster only?

My guess is changing one of the Charisma Adaptations?

-Martin
I still don't understand what the problem is. Did you determine if there are missing profiles?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
‘Technically this was done this past weekend’

Hat’s off to Unitronic and their Intercooler, Turbo Inlet, and Charge Pipe kits for 1.8/2.0 TSI Gen 3 MQB cars! People who know me know I am quite critical of aftermarket parts so when I say these pieces are spot on they are SPOT ON!

Starting with the Turbo Inlet - beautifully designed, no issues fitment and a handsome piece of jewellery under the hood.

Charge pipes and intake piping are damn near perfect - VERY OEM+, great mandrel bends in all the right places, provisions for all factory mounting including factory bushings and clip positions just like OEM, and best combination of pipe and coupler hoses I’ve seen! Only thing I prefer are OEM hose clamps and ended up using a few of my old clamps instead of the provided clamps as I find the OEM clamps smoother and more robust. (aftermarket clamps shown in these pics - will be swapping out for OEM clamps)

Intercooler - beautiful cast! Maximum use of space and very tight tolerances! I had to gently open up the mounting points for my condenser to tab in, and had to slightly trim the top clips on my rad to get it to clip in to the new Intercooler, but was easy. Once everything was buttoned back up it was SOLID! Too bad such a thing of beauty lay hidden in the depths of the rad pack..

Unitronic has done their homework boys and girls - don’t hesitate if you’re in the market! Incredible customer service to boot, hit up Pat Archambault or John Staffi they will hook you up!

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
I understand the principles of treating paintwork; washing, using soap, 'de-rusting' - I forget exactly what it's called (it's late), treating, buffing, foaming, polishing, coating, etc. But what exactly is paint correction ? Nice job BTW, maybe my car will look (almost) as good once I get around to washing it again....

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
I understand the principles of treating paintwork; washing, using soap, 'de-rusting' - I forget exactly what it's called (it's late), treating, buffing, foaming, polishing, coating, etc. But what exactly is paint correction ? Nice job BTW, maybe my car will look (almost) as good once I get around to washing it again....

Paint correction is basically using a stepwise approach with diminishing grades of polish to allow the paint to reflect light rather than scatter it (allows the paint to shine, in layman’s terms). Some ppl may include actual touching up and blending of certain areas with paint, prior, to fill missing paint.

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
I still don't understand what the problem is. Did you determine if there are missing profiles?

Sorry in advance because I don’t mean to come off like a dick but.......

I finished my Mib1 to Mib2 retrofit and noticed that the Drive Mode on the infotainment screen looks different from when I had the mib1. It’s not the end of the world but wish I could have it look like it did before.

Mib1 (picture stolen from google)

Mib2 (actual picture I took)

I’d find it hard to believe if you say you don’t see any differences.

Ultimately, I wouldn’t mind having it not display on the screen since I have it showing on my cluster already. My guess is maybe changing one of the Charisma adaptations:

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-charisma_0x17_msg_bus
From current “Databus Infotainment”
To “Not Active” or whatever would be relevant so the button is still fully functional but just doesn’t display on the infotainment.

-Martin

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Sorry in advance because I don’t mean to come off like a dick but.......

I finished my Mib1 to Mib2 retrofit and noticed that the Drive Mode on the infotainment screen looks different from when I had the mib1. It’s not the end of the world but wish I could have it look like it did before.

Mib1 (picture stolen from google)

Mib2 (actual picture I took)

I’d find it hard to believe if you say you don’t see any differences.

Ultimately, I wouldn’t mind having it not display on the screen since I have it showing on my cluster already. My guess is maybe changing one of the Charisma adaptations:

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-charisma_0x17_msg_bus
From current “Databus Infotainment”
To “Not Active” or whatever would be relevant so the button is still fully functional but just doesn’t display on the infotainment.

-Martin
So you just want the three icons to be closer together?

I'm not positive but I doubt there is anything you can code to change that. I'd just chalk it up as one of the many differences between MIB1 and MIB2.

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
So you just want the three icons to be closer together?

I'm not positive but I doubt there is anything you can code to change that. I'd just chalk it up as one of the many differences between MIB1 and MIB2.

Partially false as I just realized the picture I stole is of a 6.5”, not a 5.8” like that one I originally had. Which clearly indicates it is possible.....but how? I don’t know.

However, It’s not so much the spacing between both that I’m after. It’s the color that i was mainly after. But regardless, I’m going to see what options I have available other than “Databus Infotainment”. If none of the available options give me the option to disable it completely from appearing on the screen then I’ll just throw the towel in and just give up as it seems like there are more steps involved than I’m capable of.

-Martin

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Partially false as I just realized the picture I stole is of a 6.5”, not a 5.8” like that one I originally had. Which clearly indicates it is possible.....but how? I don’t know.

However, It’s not so much the spacing between both that I’m after. It’s the color that i was mainly after. But regardless, I’m going to see what options I have available other than “Databus Infotainment”. If none of the available options give me the option to disable it completely from appearing on the screen then I’ll just throw the towel in and just give up as it seems like there are more steps involved than I’m capable of.

-Martin
Oh I gotcha. I don't remember if my icons were colored when I had MIB1, but with MIB2 it looks just like yours.

I remember reading there is a way to change the color of the lines on the different pages in the MFD, so maybe it is possible?

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
Oh I gotcha. I don't remember if my icons were colored when I had MIB1, but with MIB2 it looks just like yours.

I remember reading there is a way to change the color of the lines on the different pages in the MFD, so maybe it is possible?

Trust me, I hate to keep this going off topic but I just came across this picture (you can tell it’s a 5.8” by the gloss trim)

Just figured I would use that as reference.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST

-Martin

You can't code this to have a color, these are PNG files.
On MIB2.5 however, it is possible to have ambient coloring on these buttons.

If you don't want this screen to show, it's possible to disable HMI display of driving profiles in the coding of the Gateway.

B_waggs831

Passed Driver's Ed
“- Gateway firmware modification to add driving profile selection to my car (it used to have only GTE mode, a special sporty hybrid-drivingmode)

- Graphics changes to get a GTE logo instead of the Clubsport mode that I posted about a few weeks ago.

- Textual changes in the MIB2's language files.

- And the most important part: being amazed by the vibrant colors of the screen which Volkswagen decided not to show too much of for some reason.”

How do you access the MIB2’s language files?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion

GTIjush

Passed Driver's Ed
Not uncommon, but I’m pretty stoked to have added Pretoria’s w/stock summers (Thanks baby_diego!). Not much harsher than Austin’s, noticeably louder but not terrible, better response and grip. I’m happy. Quick garage shot of my Touareg :p

It’s raining in Austin, excuse the dirty car.