GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
After a little over a week since uninstalling the JB4, my car's finally not on stock tune!

Flashed the AP to my car.

Loaded the DSG tune by Ed @ EQT.

Loaded the starting map for a custom E30 tune by Ed and ran logs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

thez99

Go Kart Champion
Carplay’s version of google maps isnt that great. Also, I think it’s still a distraction whether you’re looking at your phone screen or your infotainment screen. At least your eyes can be up higher with a phone holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. I just plugged my phone in today and it linked right up to my google maps on the screen, probably better looking and functioning gps than most cars come with from the factory, only downside is you need to plug your phone in, but I mean if you're like most phone addicts anyhow you'll have your shit plugged in while driving anyways. Not to mention it allows all your saved and previous destinations from your phone as well as voice directions without having to juggle Apple music for some reason which I found out the hard way when trying initially to get just audio directions through bluetooth (before I realized I could bring up the app on the screen)

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I disagree. I just plugged my phone in today and it linked right up to my google maps on the screen, probably better looking and functioning gps than most cars come with from the factory, only downside is you need to plug your phone in, but I mean if you're like most phone addicts anyhow you'll have your shit plugged in while driving anyways. Not to mention it allows all your saved and previous destinations from your phone as well as voice directions without having to juggle Apple music for some reason which I found out the hard way when trying initially to get just audio directions through bluetooth (before I realized I could bring up the app on the screen)

Yeah but the damn USB cable will keep crapping out on you if you use it a lot, before you know it.. It becomes completely unreliable unless you dish out $30 every couple weeks for a new one..

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Yeah but the damn USB cable will keep crapping out on you if you use it a lot, before you know it.. It becomes completely unreliable unless you dish out $30 every couple weeks for a new one..
I'm on my 2nd USB cable in 3 years, cut it out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

edrex

Ready to race!

I've been using an off brand amazon cable for months with no problems to speak of

pSyCO_007

Ready to race!

I used a a retractable usb cables in the arm rest and installed a wireless charger in the cubby above the shifter works great on my iPhone XR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

About to tear open the B pillar on my Rabbit to find this “tick” noise. Something ear level, could be weatherstripping, or the LED trim echoing up or something at the belt pulley area.

Check the door stop fastener:

You'd be surprised how the noise from there travels and sounds like the B pillar. Details HERE.

I really don't understand this phone holder shit..why're you trying to all this crazy stuff so you're phone will be even more of a distraction while driving???

I had phones mounted high for over 10 years and didn't think I could adapt. But I bought a D-Dock and have come to appreciate having the phone out of sight and just run Waze and/or Google Maps through AA.

I thought I had a cable problem. But I couldn't understand how if my D-Dock cable never moves. Then I read about dirty connectors. It seemed unbelievable, but it turned out that cleaning my USB connections with a toothbrush did the trick. Dirt and lint from your pocket (if that's where you carry your phone) can eventually foul the connections. I'll go straight to cleaning the next time my cable seems suspect.

Scott

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Rain washed away the pollen but missed the carbon on the exhaust tips [emoji849]. Took care of that with some detail spray then wd40 and jeweler's rouge on a paper towel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I'm on my 2nd USB cable in 3 years, cut it out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Went through 4 since I got my Alltrack. I stopped replacing them.. Sounds like you drive like grandmas :D
The Alltrack gets sideways too ;)

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I thought I had a cable problem. But I couldn't understand how if my D-Dock cable never moves. Then I read about dirty connectors. It seemed unbelievable, but it turned out that cleaning my USB connections with a toothbrush did the trick. Dirt and lint from your pocket (if that's where you carry your phone) can eventually foul the connections. I'll go straight to cleaning the next time my cable seems suspect.

Scott

Interesting observation, however mine seems to connect when I move the cable around(most likely a break in the cable). My wife has same issue but carries phone in purse.. Either way I'll blow out both car and phone with my compressor and see if it helps..

Aelwulf

Ready to race!

Anker brand on Amazon. Similar prices for USB-A, USB-C, or Lightning (give or take). Just bought one with a carry case to store in my wife's car in case I drive it (she has Apple, I have Samsung). Only $9-13 a cable (less with multiple cables) and so far I've had zero issues with any wearing/breaking except my wife losing them. :p I use them multiple times on a daily basis. One on my battery charger, one in each car, 2-3 at home, and probably 1-2 floating waiting to be found.

If you're having that much of an issue A) you're getting crappy cables, B) you're severely abusing them, and/or C) you're paying way too much for USB cables.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Because driving affects the USB cable how?

Take a 30-35mph right turn with your phone in cup holder or center compartment and see if it moves :D

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Anker brand on Amazon. Similar prices for USB-A, USB-C, or Lightning (give or take). Just bought one with a carry case to store in my wife's car in case I drive it (she has Apple, I have Samsung). Only $9-13 a cable (less with multiple cables) and so far I've had zero issues with any wearing/breaking except my wife losing them. :p I use them multiple times on a daily basis. One on my battery charger, one in each car, 2-3 at home, and probably 1-2 floating waiting to be found.

If you're having that much of an issue A) you're getting crappy cables, B) you're severely abusing them, and/or C) you're paying way too much for USB cables.

B and C

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Take a 30-35mph right turn with your phone in cup holder or center compartment and see if it moves :D
Mine is always in my center compartment and does not move. The offramp to get to my house is a 360 degree loop and I take it at 40-50ish every day, phones stays in place.

I have no idea how people burn through cords like they do. I've never broken a single one
(now that I've jinxed myself I'll probably order another)

I use a 1 foot cord that fits nicely in the center compartment without having a giant cord bundle in there