GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Yes, OEM with about 74k miles on them (nearly 5 years). Tuned for the last 14k miles, but I've always driven cleanly but spiritedly.

Replaced with OEM mounts as the car is my daily and I dont want any additional NVH (no matter how little some people claim the aftermarket ones add lol).

You're crazy. I got rid of my OEM mounts at 40K cause they were shot, and my car was stock power.

You're selling yourself short man, it's the dogbones that introduce NVH, not your upper mounts.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport

Installed my new catch can kit, and my buddies finished up my titanium intake [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure how titanium will be but my MAP SS intake was getting very hot in summer temps. I ended up pulling it off due to that and went back to stock box. Trying some of the ghetto gold dei heat reflection tape on it now to see if that helps keep it from getting so hot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
cool. why titanium? weight reduction?

the air inside that metal intake can be hot as engine room temperature!

For looks of course ;) otherwise most intakes make no difference. Ti does have better thermal resistant properties than SS or aluminum though. It can be hot to the touch and cool to ambient within seconds

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Yeah but his profile says GTI which is why I was confused.

I do have a GTI, I was confused when it came, in fact they sent an R resonator as well. (Much longer than the GTI) They then sent the correct resonator section which fit like a glove.

MAP said their downpipe is now the same for the R & GTI and the website needs to be updated.

frailingbanjo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE 6MT
Installed a dieselgeek sigma 6 shifter. Installed in my mechanic's parking lot just in case I needed some help. Have to get use to the shorter throws!

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Not sure how titanium will be but my MAP SS intake was getting very hot in summer temps. I ended up pulling it off due to that and went back to stock box. Trying some of the ghetto gold dei heat reflection tape on it now to see if that helps keep it from getting so hot.

All intakes will get hot in summer temps

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Installed some Audi RS3 brake ducts. Easy install!

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Installed some Audi RS3 brake ducts. Easy install!

After just installing these last week, have you looked under the car with the wheels at full lock either left to right? Mine were touching the caliper so I had to trim to be able to turn fully left to right without scraping the caliper.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
After just installing these last week, have you looked under the car with the wheels at full lock either left to right? Mine were touching the caliper so I had to trim to be able to turn fully left to right without scraping the caliper.

I’m going to have to check. They didn’t look too close to the calipers

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd

Just checked and neither side rubs. Maybe you put them too close towards the caliper?

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd