GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Light is needed to see. I don't think you've mastered that concept

^ ya'll.........

The statement about amount of light for each person to "see" is subjective. My headlight film, while it does technically reduce the light, it is most likely minimal. It is STILL exponentially brighter than ANY halogen......so again.....subjective.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Changed my engine and trans mounts yesterday - didn't have any specific symptoms, but wanted to refresh things a bit at 74,000 miles.

Turns out my trans mount was completely toast - had loads of play and the rubber was completely separated/torn. I had started to notice a tiny bit of "slop" in the drivetrain, but seeing as these mounts wear and fail gradually, I'm sure I had just grown accustomed to it over time. Engine mount was in better shape, but also starting to show signs of failing - it was starting to tear/separate on one side.

Installation wasn't bad at all - hardest part was gaining access to the trans mount and the body-side bolts. Was a bit sketchy supporting the engine by jacking up an edge of the oil pan for the motor mount, but it all went as planned. Took about 3 hours start to finish for both. Car feels great now - less vibration on startup and idle, and shifts feel smoother/crisper. Glad to have changed them.

What were your mounts before? OEM? Are your new mounts OEM as well?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Light is needed to see. I don't think you've mastered that concept

I don't think you've mastered the concept that it is tinted translucent film and not a piece of matte plastic vinyl. It doesn't block the light and I can see perfectly fine. Why are people seriously trying to tell me the images that are coming into my eyeballs?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Added some rice badges

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
EBay. 3 piece design makes it a bit of a bitch to install.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Busy day, turbo inlet pipe from box to big bore turbo inlet installed. Then I installed a MAP downpipe...sound of the car has changed sooo much and sounds awesome! :D Time to get pro-tuned!

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
EBay. 3 piece design makes it a bit of a bitch to install.

When I got mine, there was a 3M adhesive on the back of the black section so the white outline part could stick to it. Since you've already got it on, I wouldn't mess with it though at the risk of breaking any tabs reinstalling, etc...