GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cbell3186

Ready to race!

Getting ready for the track, my paranoid self couldn’t resist.

Nothing wrong with that, $40 or so dollars for "man that really sucks, glad I had this fire extinguisher" or conversely "Annnnnd there goes my car in a ball of flames"

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
CPO here too bought at 8400 miles, I noticed I was getting close to the minimum mark a couple weeks ago, then all of a sudden my light went on and I had almost nothing in the tank..

After some research I found it's semi-common with either the thermostat housing or water pump so it could be worse. I'd definitely mention it if you're under warranty.

Yeah I’m definitely going to mention it. I still have roughly 22k miles or 22months considering I got it at the end of January lol

-Martin

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Does your insurance cover something like that? Give the dealership the finger, drive a rental, order a steel oil pan from USP for $60.

I coulda went through insurance but I have a $500 deductible and would been documented as a accident on my vehicles history.. So bit the bullet and just came out of pocket.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
$597... highway robbery.

Completely agree and told them so..

This is one of the first things I did when I got the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parts vortex have the oil pan listed for $136, I would think at the very maximum they would need an hours labour plus the usual cost of an oil change service, so depending on those costs it should be around the correct price!! ?

I like traffic lights, I LIKE TRAFFIC LIGHTS, especially when they’re green, especially when they’re green!

Was told 2 hours of labor to install and clean my entire undercarriage. I told the service advisor really this is the easiest install ever and your charging my $558 plus tax brought it to $597. I said $600 to replace a oil pan with another shit plastic oil pan so this may happen again? Absurd.

Bro cancel your order or return it and buy a metal one for less than a hundred bucks. Thats insane pricing

It's done and completed.. Horrible experience. When something like this happens to you on a new car you panic.. I had free VW road side so I called and had it towed to my mod friendly local VW dealer.. I wanted to make sure nothing else was damaged or the engine suffered damage..

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Parts vortex have the oil pan listed for $136, I would think at the very maximum they would need an hours labour plus the usual cost of an oil change service, so depending on those costs it should be around the correct price!! ?

I like traffic lights, I LIKE TRAFFIC LIGHTS, especially when they’re green, especially when they’re green!
136 + 120 for an hour of labor + 90 for oil change. Nowhere close to the price he was quoted. Even with 2 labor hours he got robbed.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
[emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
IE intercooler, CTS charge pipes, and EQT turbo. Sitting in the car now flashing the e-tune 93base file.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk