GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

16GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
VW cheap plastic.

I broke one of mine too. Does it still click? If so, it should be ok.

No click, but it is holding in place for now; no epc light or misfires in that cylinder (cylinder 1). If that connector backs off cylinder 1 won’t function, so I have to replace that before work Monday morning. Anyone replaced one of those have any tips?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
DeAutoLED license plate leds. I got the option 2 which is more of an OEM look. Very easy install and looks great.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
That was the toughest part of the whole plug change because I had to be so careful disconnecting them. Everything is so solid on this car but those connectors are made of the cheapest plastic for some reason.

Heat making them brittle.....like the 1.8T engines in MK4 etc...heat damage to coil pack wiring etc...

I used DEI reflectagold & Zircotech stuff to heatshield all the wiring & the connectors...I did a thread on in...

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
No click, but it is holding in place for now; no epc light or misfires in that cylinder (cylinder 1). If that connector backs off cylinder 1 won’t function, so I have to replace that before work Monday morning. Anyone replaced one of those have any tips?

Thanks.

Yeah I replaced a couple just make sure you get the proper part # as there's a few out there that look very similar, and a good pin tool is necessary. I used part# 4D0971994 and that worked for my '16 GTI.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
My Black Friday purchase finally arrived :D

This should be a nice upgrade from the OE Englishtown wheels.

Attachments

• DSC03158.JPG
    DSC03158.JPG
    348.2 KB · Views: 605

16GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I replaced a couple just make sure you get the proper part # as there's a few out there that look very similar, and a good pin tool is necessary. I used part# 4D0971994 and that worked for my '16 GTI.

Thanks bdelaney4000. Ordered, should come in Tue.

16GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
That was the toughest part of the whole plug change because I had to be so careful disconnecting them. Everything is so solid on this car but those connectors are made of the cheapest plastic for some reason.

Agreed. Surprisingly so for such a critical part.