GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Dig it out.
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I love snow. Im so jealous of the south right now haha. You'd think living in the snowbelt I'd be seeing weather like this but we have almost nothing up here

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Installed a few things today, the Eurocode chassis bars and the 034 upper dogbone mount.

Last edited:

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Went out to do my usual Sunday maintenance wash over the weekend, but noticed a bit of oil on the driveway when I moved the car. Maybe a 1-2 inch diameter spot of oil under where the oil pan would be. Put the car up on ramps to take a look and noticed some fresh oil on the pan. Seemed like the oil pan gasket leaking and dripping down onto the oil level sensor and drain plug, etc.

Brought the car to the dealer before work this morning and it was ready before noon. They replaced the oil pan gasket and oil level sensor - car is good as new.

Still no idea how a leak like this happened out of nowhere. But very thankful this happened while I still have my extended warranty! Cost would have been $528. :eek:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Any post install observations on the chassis braces?

And where did you get the seatback nets?
There is definitely more feedback through the steering wheel. Having taken a few turns and on ramps the front end just feels more tight. There isn't really a way I can better describe it except that it feels more solid. As for the rear I'm not quite sure yet, I will need to drive the car more and throw it around more corners.

The storage nets can be found here:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/312135358768

How’s the insert? Big difference?

I don't feel a difference with the insert really. From my understanding it is there to prevent damage from happening to aftermarket pendulum mounts and not to improve performance.........?

Last edited:

thelateoctober

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2919 R
Got my 16 SE MT a few weeks ago. Since then I've installed a raceseng shift knob, installed clutch stop, clutch spring delete, solid shifter bushings, shift linkage alignment, and clutch delay valve delete. The MT is a totally different animal now. I haven't had a ton of time to drive around, but so far it's awesome. Getting rid of that delay valve is easily the best thing I've done, highly recommend it to anyone not pumped about their MT. I didn't have the shifter alignment pin, so I used an Allen wrench. It allowed more play than I think there should have been, so I ordered an oem alignment pin and will redo the alignment when it gets here in a few days. It shifts just fine, but is a little notchy and not as smooth as I think it could be.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
After much complaining, threw on better tires... AS3+....

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Good choice.

Thanks....it was these or the BFG SportComp AS 2....wanted to try something new.

my dream tires. i love those

Hoping to have same comments.....still have snow and slush all around so I'll get to test them out after work and tomorrow morning.