GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion
Do them all. It's glorious with zero slop
I need to finally get off my ass and do the Super Pin, since it's the only thing that's missing. I've got everything else that DG offers. I just don't have a drill.

If you live somewhere hot you’ll really notice the difference with the bracket. When it’s cool out the plastic bracket is fine, but when you get the metal bracket in and you drive when it’s over 90 degrees out you really notice how much that plastic part flexed.
Even with the metal bushings? Eh, I guess I don't live somewhere hot anymore. In the summer, it's 90F for maybe 3 days here and 75-85F is much, much more normal. Huge change from the 95-115F summer days of my entire life up until this move.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Got a few things installed. Fluidampr pulley, 034 Motorsport Engine/Transmission mount ,
Unibrace RB. Also new NGK spark plugs .

drive back was pretty fun, engine definitely feels like it's running smoother. I'm pretty sure it's all due to the Fluidampr pulley. My car is well maintained and fairly low mileage 48,500 so it not like the engine was running rough to begin with. As I'm writing this I feel like getting in and going for a drive lol. I would highly recommend this pulley to anyone that's modified their car in anyway. The price may seem a bit high, but after driving it I can say that it's very justified and I wish I did it sooner.

I haven't notice drastic difference in nvh with the new mounts, maybe a tiny bit but it's barely noticeable.
The Fluidampr seems to be doing a great job minimizing any new nvh the mounts may have created. I Had the AC on , did a reverse and idle test. Everything passed by ocd test lol

My next mounts will be bfi. Failed to return the 034 ones in time. But for daily driving and occasional spirited driving on the back roads 034 ones will work. I don't drag race or track my car . If I get 50k out of the mounts I'll be happy.

I haven't really noticed a difference yet with the unibrace rb, the drive back way mainly straight roads. Some twisties will probably be a blast .

Some pics , oh and I found out my drivers side , mount was broken 😄. Passenger side was fine almost no play. But drivers side definitely had a good amount of play.
Old mounts had 48,500 miles

Attachments

• PXL_20210612_172332624.jpg
    PXL_20210612_172332624.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20210612_175528202.jpg
    PXL_20210612_175528202.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20210612_183835788.jpg
    PXL_20210612_183835788.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 64
  • PXL_20210612_173712227.jpg
    PXL_20210612_173712227.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Even with the metal bushings? Eh, I guess I don't live somewhere hot anymore. In the summer, it's 90F for maybe 3 days here and 75-85F is much, much more normal. Huge change from the 95-115F summer days of my entire life up until this move.

I was living in south Texas when I did all my shifter upgrades. Started with a Dieselgeek and it felt ok, but like I was bending something when shifting. Next I upgraded the bracket bushings on the plastic bracket and it felt good in the morning but it went back to feeling like I was bending something when it warmed up for the day. Then I bought an OEM metal bracket and the feel was consistent at all temperatures. Switching back to OEM fluid and getting a weighted shift knob made it as good as I imagine a cable shifter can get.

If you can’t feel any inconsistency between your warmest temperatures the plastic bracket is probably just fine.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
My issue is play in the shifter shaft. Even while in gear the stick will have half inch of play so I'm hoping replacing the bushings in the shaft assembly and the super pin will tighten things up.

dietpeachfresca

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally got around to doing the front brakes. The pads had a lot left, but the rotors were grooved more than I would have liked, so I wanted to get rid of them. Turns out the pads were glazed over pretty bad, the rotors were filled with rust, and the pins were bone dry.. I can't see the entire part number on the old pads, but they look like cheap carquest pads. PO provided full service records, everything is there, but no record of a front brake job.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Was about to wash my car.. Did a lil inspection... by the door handles, both sides.... Paint bubbly from inside out 😲😳😫
Had that on 2 of my doors and got them replaced under corrosion warranty recently. You still covered?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Adjusted the tension out of the new end-links. Drove the car around the neighborhood and what’s interesting is how the just off center feel of the steering is touch lighter. I never really considered the idea, but it feels like swaybar stiffness has some impact on how the steering “loads up” while going through a corner.

I’m curious to see if comfort has been impacted. It felt a touch smoother to me but I was only going 25 MPH so I might have been imagining it. I’ll see when I get it on the highway.

I imagine after the .5 degrees of toe-in is taken out the overall handling will feel much lighter than it does right now. I’ll have to see about doing a quick run up to the mountains soon.
C673C099-4E7E-4F1D-889D-95B905BD48E9.jpeg

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Had that on 2 of my doors and got them replaced under corrosion warranty recently. You still covered?
Should be covered.. I have a '11

Will they make up a b.s. reason why they won't cover it remains to be seen. Going to to make an appointment Monday for VW to see it

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
I'm kinda with Scotty on this one.🤷🏼‍♂️
most should listen to scotty.... because most are not good at maths 🤷🏼‍♂️ trig is trig and the "pros" definetly have the tools to get it done quickly, and capability of being very accurate, but that doesnt mean you cant get within factory tolerances without the same setup.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah but for like $90 you can get one of those sweet printouts with all the green values to make you feel better. Just ask notovicorious, he is probably still coming down from the high he got!

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah but for like $90 you can get one of those sweet printouts with all the green values to make you feel better. Just ask notovicorious, he is probably still coming down from the high he got!
true, but i model my measurements in CAD... so i can you know, 3d print my ego.