What did you do to your MK6 today?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Welp this has been fun so far...
5EFE35B8-3F14-44D9-B8B5-4775EA8BF54A.jpeg

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Welp this has been fun so far...View attachment 182255
What you doin? I thought you found a place that you were taking it to, no?
Man, im mechanically inclined but my kid got in a pulled a pillar off and I like to never got it back on. I couldn't imagine trying to get the headliner on. I think I would be forced to leave it off for fear of having a stroke.
Hell, just paint it black and call it a day. Never have to worry about it falling again

Nevermind, I see you said you hadn't decided as of Friday night. Must have got a few brews in ya and couldn't wait till monday!

GolNat

Autocross Champion

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
What you doin? I thought you found a place that you were taking it to, no?
Man, im mechanically inclined but my kid got in a pulled a pillar off and I like to never got it back on. I couldn't imagine trying to get the headliner on. I think I would be forced to leave it off for fear of having a stroke.
Hell, just paint it black and call it a day. Never have to worry about it falling again

Nevermind, I see you said you hadn't decided as of Friday night. Must have got a few brews in ya and couldn't wait till monday!
Oh man!!

I just noticed mine sagging near the sun glass holder today. Depending on how mentally stable you are when it's complete I'll contemplate the DIY route :)

Haha, I've done a little headliner/sunroof work before. Obviously not my idea of a good time, but I'd rather have the piece of mind knowing all the stuff was put back together properly. The first place I talked to said they would ONLY do it if I took it apart since it had a sunroof. I contemplated trying to wrap myself, but thats the area I don't have much experience in. The materials look to be around $100.

I started to notice mine in the same area, then under the visors, then around the rear dome lamp. It's not too horrible, had to look up some stuff being my first VW headliner. Next one would be much quicker.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Haha, I've done a little headliner/sunroof work before. Obviously not my idea of a good time, but I'd rather have the piece of mind knowing all the stuff was put back together properly. The first place I talked to said they would ONLY do it if I took it apart since it had a sunroof. I contemplated trying to wrap myself, but thats the area I don't have much experience in. The materials look to be around $100.

I started to notice mine in the same area, then under the visors, then around the rear dome lamp. It's not too horrible, had to look up some stuff being my first VW headliner. Next one would be much quicker.
Wanna make some money ? :)

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
One of my tail light ballasts came loose a couple weeks ago and had been rattling around inside the tailgate like crazy. Bought some UHB tape and secured it yesterday, good results.

popped a lightbulb warning on the dash though :(

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
First auto cross done. Car needs better tires, all seasons suck! Learned a lot and the car might receive some suspension bits as a result now. We find out results later tonight, but I know for a fact I wasn’t dead last and that’s all that counts :ROFLMAO:
nice! Yes - max performance summer tires would definitely help! Any other mods that you have in mind for autox?

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
I found a guy a few miles from me that can do the headliner and pillars in suede. He has a limited selection of colors, which is fine with me. I'm leaning towards the charcoal that is similar to what was already there. He also has plain old black, what you think?
I would go with Charcoal if I were you.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
nice! Yes - max performance summer tires would definitely help! Any other mods that you have in mind for autox?
Thinking a super budget suspension setup, we’ll see. It’s still my daily and I don’t want to completely compromise ride quality for that 10/10ths driving but I definitely need to fix more of the roll and sudden loss of grip issues. Any recommendations?

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Thinking a super budget suspension setup, we’ll see. It’s still my daily and I don’t want to completely compromise ride quality for that 10/10ths driving but I definitely need to fix more of the roll and sudden loss of grip issues. Any recommendations?
LSD!! not the groovy kind.
I watched a video last night that was pretty good. Laguna Seca mk5
Although I think it could have been pushed a bit harder. I have never tracked a car other than the drags but I'm considering it.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Koni yellows and eibach pro springs, or DG springs if you won't want to be super low (and you can find them). But I can't speak highly enough of that setup, I daily'ed it for a long time as well as autox and track days and really thought it was a great balance. You can change the dampening stiffness pretty easily as well.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
LSD!! not the groovy kind.
I watched a video last night that was pretty good. Laguna Seca mk5
Although I think it could have been pushed a bit harder. I have never tracked a car other than the drags but I'm considering it.
I really really really am so close to putting an LSD in right now since my clutch is due but my budget is maxing out and I just don’t think it’s feasible, but I don’t want to regret not having one later... Hmm..
Koni yellows and eibach pro springs, or DG springs if you won't want to be super low (and you can find them). But I can't speak highly enough of that setup, I daily'ed it for a long time as well as autox and track days and really thought it was a great balance. You can change the dampening stiffness pretty easily as well.
Thanks! I’ll look into it, trying to have something I can push real hard and not rattle my brains on the street or light the wallet on fire. Definitely don’t want to be too low, I already rub a bit on factory stuff and there’s monster potholes in Houston.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I really really really am so close to putting an LSD in right now since my clutch is due but my budget is maxing out and I just don’t think it’s feasible, but I don’t want to regret not having one later... Hmm..

Thanks! I’ll look into it, trying to have something I can push real hard and not rattle my brains on the street or light the wallet on fire. Definitely don’t want to be too low, I already rub a bit on factory stuff and there’s monster potholes in Houston.
I never rubbed at autox or track days after I did the fender screw mod with that setup.

And definitely get an LSD!

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I never rubbed at autox or track days after I did the fender screw mod with that setup.

And definitely get an LSD!
The forums are bad for my wallet :(

I think I’m gonna mess with some of my budget and see what I can do, XDS system is absolutely no comparison to a full LSD and the factory suspension is a bit soft for sure. I’m thinking: BFI stage 1 engine/trans mounts, APR front bar, DG springs (availability dependent), Koni yellows, MFactory LSD (budget dependent), and maybe bushings as they wear and need replacing. My OEM alignment is wonky too, gonna take it back and see what’s going on since they didn’t give me the printed sheet showing me what’s changed. Feels like it’s pulling to the right now where it didn’t before