GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I think the firewall only applies to gas tanks mounted inside, since water/meth once mixed is not combustible (I've tried) it doesn't apply. I could definitely be wrong on that though

Nope, I wish.

HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING AND TIME TRIALS 3211.4.21

Alcohol Injection Tanks containing alcohol (e.g. methanol) that exceed 50% alcohol by volume should carry an FIA FT3 (or higher) rating and be installed per fuel cell regulations found in CCR Section [Ref: 15.4]. Tanks containing 50% or less alcohol by volume may use any container per the manufacturer’s instructions or recommendations. Under all circumstances tanks or containers must be mounted in an area that is completely separated from the driver by a bulkhead or firewall.

I added emphasis but there it is. It's hatchback discrimination is what it is, damn sedan's don't have to worry. lol

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Went for a nice drive with my baby daughter "daddy make car noises!" and started thinking about pulling the transmission out to change the clutch. It's not likely that I'll get around to it for another six months, but the urge to do it suggests that I'm ready to be repeatedly kicked in the nuts again. Also thinking I should go in and change the radiator as I'd rather not have it explode at the track, it's held up great but after 11 years I'm not sure if it's worth risking it.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Went for a nice drive with my baby daughter "daddy make car noises!"

Great memories. My kids love riding in the GTI. They call it the daddy's racecar.

started thinking about pulling the transmission out to change the clutch.

1607057738421.png

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
started thinking about pulling the transmission out to change the clutch
I'll throw in a couple beers and high-fives if you do mine too whenever I make my way out to GA 🤣

edit: better yet, I'll trade you a clutch install for an intercooler haha

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I ordered a few small things recently:

Sidemarkers:

Euroswitch:

I deleted the under-the-armrest cubby (with the ipod connection) awhile ago and i replaced it with a generic single din radio slot a long time ago. It worked great till it didnt, so I ordered a new one to give it another go:

Also got a dual muffler REV9 exhaust on the way:

I am excited.

torga

Autocross Champion
I deleted the under-the-armrest cubby (with the ipod connection) awhile ago and i replaced it with a generic single din radio slot a long time ago. It worked great till it didnt, so I ordered a new one to give it another go
What happened when it stopped working great? I did the same mod, just a $10 eBay single DIN. Still working fine.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
What happened when it stopped working great? I did the same mod, just a $10 eBay single DIN. Still working fine.
I broke it one day trying to jam shit in there and I botched the install anyway so it was time for a do over.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Fitment is good, and I love the light design. Very pleased. $30 well spent

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
I ordered a few small things recently:

Sidemarkers:

Euroswitch:

I deleted the under-the-armrest cubby (with the ipod connection) awhile ago and i replaced it with a generic single din radio slot a long time ago. It worked great till it didnt, so I ordered a new one to give it another go:

Also got a dual muffler REV9 exhaust on the way:

I am excited.
Any tutorial to the under arm tray mod?