GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
An oil extractor sounds great, especially since I have a street shield. Are there any negatives to using that over a traditional oil change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only negative to an extractor is you have the tendency to no longer look under the car. You should still inspect the underside rather than just assume (brakes, CV joints, bushings, etc.)

SirClimax

Ready to race!
An oil extractor sounds great, especially since I have a street shield. Are there any negatives to using that over a traditional oil change?

People have said it doesn't get all the particles in the oil that sit at the bottom. But that is what the oil filter is for and it did get ~4.9L of oil out which is all of it. It definitely takes longer than doing the traditional way unless you buy a motorized one, I had to go back and check it regularly to make sure oil was still flowing out. It is really excellent if you have other stuff to do to the car or are too low to easily jack up the car and don't want to buy extra long ramps.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
There's lights for the rear footwell?

Do you have a link to said resistors for rear license plate?! That would be awesome :D

There are the slots for them. You have to buy the housings, bulbs, and all wiring and then splice it into the power from the fronts. I did it and it's not too bad. Looks great! They have a kit from bold sport that will get you set up with everything you need.

mexicanwaldo

Go Kart Champion
Officially registered for autox this weekend [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] excited af

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Officially registered for autox this weekend [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] excited af

Did you put the sway on?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

mexicanwaldo

Go Kart Champion
Sweeeet. Have fun! My next autox isn't until first weekend of July.

I believe I'll have a blast. Finally get a chance at tracking a car. First time ever and couldn't be happier with where I'm at with the car. :D

Did you put the sway on?

Yes sir. It made such a huge difference. A must for handling :p

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Picked up my engine, battery, and fuse box covers and side markers from the body shop! Quick iPhone pics for now but better ones to come later. Engine bay is finally where I want it!

Dude man careful with posts like these. This should be labeled NSFW as now I have a chubby and have a meeting in 3min.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Lol great looking bay, body shop came though!

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Dude man careful with posts like these. This should be labeled NSFW as now I have a chubby and have a meeting in 3min.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I lol'd on this!

Lol great looking bay, body shop came though!

They totally did! When I dropped the parts off they said they couldn't do the red lettering on TSI like I asked and I was fine with it. Then today I went to pick up the parts and they had the red on there! [emoji43][emoji41]

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Got my gti in October with 14k miles and I already have 33k on it. Nothing but smiles so far :) new engine is running healthy with stage 2. Taking a break in modding her for now, I feel like I've done quite a bit for the few months I've had it. Going to save up for an inter cooler or dsg tune any suggestions?

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils

chip1

Ready to race!
Picked up my engine, battery, and fuse box covers and side markers from the body shop! Quick iPhone pics for now but better ones to come later. Engine bay is finally where I want it!

Looks great man - I did mine myself a while back not quite as nice but similiar concept.