GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Love it, not sure how it compares to the other 2. Redline is a group 5 Ester based oil not sure if LM or Motul are. Is it better? Idk, any quality oil is going to be good but spec wise group 5 oils are the “best”.
I found out MOTUL makes GROUP 5 (GROUP V) based motor oil. Not sure about LIQUI MOLY.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/who-makes-a-group-5-oil.41317/

Time to leave LIQUI MOLY behind once I hit 200k KM, I'm at 193k KM now.... sad times..... feels like it was just yesterday I got the car at 90k KM in 2016.... time FLIES.

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
The added noises of an intake are worth the price IMO

PunchBuggy

Passed Driver's Ed
Oooooh what's the OBD11 coding for the hatch lights? I've got a pop kit sitting in the basement, was thinking about putting it on this weekend.
I didn't need to code anything apparently MK6 already has the right coding installed. Just hold the hatch button down after the new shocks are installed and the magic happens on it's own !!

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
IMG_0958.jpeg

Washed it.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Clutch first! Or, at least at the same time, haha. I don't get in a hurry when it comes to my car, it makes me happy every time I drive it as is!
But does it make you scream really loud when you floor it and drive like a tool?
I do. If someone had a hidden camera in there they'd think I'm a schizo the way I act.
Definitely no hurry, but once you go for more power, you'll wish you did it sooner.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Why are you leaving liqui moly brah. Its that gooood stuff.
I'm past 260k km and still on liqui moly. (green bottle)
I always ask how the old engine oil looks every time I get oil change done at the shop (no, I don't DIY it... I should) and the shop guys always tell me the engine oil looks good/clean, so I'll stick with Liqui-moly, maybe use REDLINE or MOTUL when I take my car for track days.

jedred1

jedred1
I've had water in my 3rd brake light for months now without issues. I started showing a light out warning last week after the carwash so today I replaced it. I hope the new one doesn't fill up with water again.