GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What data would you like to see in my Android Auto performance monitor?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Performance Monitor for Android Auto info topic

Hi all,

I'm building an app for use with Android Auto, that is capable of displaying car sensor data:

It has a lot of data elements available. This topic has a lot of progress talk, and questions being answered.

DO NOT UPDATE TO ANDROID AUTO V3! Custom Apps will NOT work.

Download:
Download the latest release here https://github.com/jilleb/mqb-pm/releases. Be sure to read the readme on https://github.com/jilleb/mqb-pm

Changelog:
v0.42B

• New: Acceleration/brake indicator display optional
  • New: Added Cupra Division theme
  • New: Added Tesla theme
  • New: Retro style theme
  • New: Max-min value display is now split into 2 options: display values and display marks on the clock
  • Fix: Fixed crash when no temperature data is available
  • Fix: Wheel angle clock display
  • Fix: Removed Fahrenheit and Celcius for the time being
  • Fix: Improved G-force icons
  • Fix: Textviews with G-force, degrees, percentage and Volts are now functional
  • Fix: Improved Clubsport theme
  • Fix: Gearbox temperature clock
  • Fix: Various other small bugs and issues
  • Fix: Code cleanup
  • Fix: Moved strings to strings.xml, for easier translation (new languages will be in a future version)

Changelog previous versions:
v0.40B:

• Fix: Added all missing code for data elements on the 4 data views
  • Fix: The 4 textviews should now be functional.
  • Fix: Set RPM textview to have no decimals
  • Fix: Fixed a bug with EcoHMI_Score
  • Fix: Handling NoRecommendation on recommendedGear

v0.39B
  • New: Added Skoda ONE theme
  • New: Added Consumption data to clocks
  • New: Added Recommended Gear to text elements
  • New: Needles go invisible in high-visibility mode (you don't need them there)
  • Fix: Acceleratorposition clock value
  • Fix: correctly escape ' character
  • Fix: Improved some icons
  • Fix: Credits screen
  • Fix: Added stopwatch background for Audi themes
  • Fix: Improved Audi needle

v0.38B:
  • New: Added Consumption data to clocks
  • New: Added Recommended Gear to text elements
  • Fix: Correctly escaped ' character in "G's"

If it doesn't work while it did work in a previous version, try an older version of aauto-vex-vag:
https://github.com/martoreto/aauto-vex-vag/releases

Last edited:

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
I'd like a display showing the closest Chick-fil-a at all times.

slow12s

Ready to race!
Can the boost gauge show vacuum and boost instead of bar for those of us in the states?
Suggestions for gauges that I use on torque/obd2aa sometimes/would like to see - throttle position, RPM, intake air temp, miles per gallon (avg and live)...This looks pretty awesome, can't wait!

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Can the boost gauge show vacuum and boost instead of bar for those of us in the states?
Suggestions for gauges that I use on torque/obd2aa sometimes/would like to see - throttle position, RPM, intake air temp, miles per gallon (avg and live)...This looks pretty awesome, can't wait!

The car has relative pressure and absolute pressure, but the OEM performance monitor only displays one of those. I can show both in the app if you want.

I'd like a display showing the closest Chick-fil-a at all times.

I didn't know this brand, and my first thought was that this is some kind of "where do I find a guy that can fill this chick up" dating service :-| whoops!
I don't have any ambitions to add any Points-of-interest currently, but maybe a future version will have stuff like "navigate to where I can get my gas really cheap"

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Yes, we ignorant Americans need the displays in SAE.

I suppose if an ECU only reads torque you can use the formula to calculate and display horsepower. I hope everyone on this forum know it's not possible to measure HP directly.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Like having 0-60 & 1/4 mile time and speed for those times when you have an awesome launch. Maybe on the side like the oil temp.

Mpg or (L/100km) maybe as well.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Like having 0-60 & 1/4 mile time and speed for those times when you have an awesome launch. Maybe on the side like the oil temp.

Mpg or (L/100km) maybe as well.

The first one: working on it! The Ford Performance app has this, which was an inspiration:

The second one:
All right! There are a lot of different consumption variables available, I'll make a selection of what's useful.

rahtx

Go Kart Newbie
This is an awesome idea/project - I'd love more functionality of Android Auto.

I wouldn't mind seeing the current gear - I'm driving around in 'D' a lot during break-in of my new '17 Sport to avoid the temptation to thrash it ;)

It looks like tire pressures are in the list - that would be very helpful. My brother's truck has a screen on the MFD where it shows the pressures of all 4 corners, and I was instantly jealous (despite having better overall tech in my new GTI) as I'm religious about checking mine periodically, and it would certainly be quicker to just pull up the app.

// Edit - Never mind, I just noticed the gear indicator in the first picture :eek:

Last edited:

MarcoBe

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI 2017 Autobahn
The data elements you are showing, are those specific to Android Auto in general, or are those all available for the VW in Android Auto?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
The data elements you are showing, are those specific to Android Auto in general, or are those all available for the VW in Android Auto?

Those are specific to VAG (Seat/Skoda/Audi/VW) with Android Auto. Not all cars share all data elements. Some cars / MIB's don't share any data at all. But if it's there, I'm able to show it in the app. I'm currently finishing the first Bèta, which will have:

- 3 dials: turbo pressure, Oil temperature, Gearbox temperature
- additional data elements: kW/nm, battery voltage, current gear
- stopwatch (currently no auto-start yet.. working on it)
- car status data (error codes, odometer and such).
- 7 themes: for VW/GTI/R, Skoda/vRS, Seat/Cupra. (each have different backgrounds/dials/styles) to match with the rest of the dashboard.