GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Cell Phone Are You Rocking?

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
My Nexus 5 gave up the ghost after over a year of usage. I loved that phone. Pure Google experience, no bloat, quick response. Camera much better than most people thought it was. Made me sad when it died.

Went out and tried out the new phones out there. GS6, G4, etc..

So what did I do? Found a brand new in box 32GB Nexus 5 and ordered it. Just something about this phone that I like I guess.

Back in the day I was a big Apple fan. Had the original iPhone, all the way up the the 4S. Jailbroke everyone of them and modded them. Once I found Android, there was no going back.

test2

Passed Driver's Ed
I followed a similar path as you. Apple fanboy jailbreaking and stuff up to 4S, then moved onto samsung S4 which i rooted and put cyanogenmod on... now S6 using touchwiz and not even thinking about rooting because its just really great out of the box.

i always recommend nexus 5/6, or S6 to anyone who asks my opinion. its just a shame that the nexus 6 only comes in that huge form factor... otherwise i would have gotten it over the S6 due to the vanilla android experience.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I followed a similar path as you. Apple fanboy jailbreaking and stuff up to 4S, then moved onto samsung S4 which i rooted and put cyanogenmod on... now S6 using touchwiz and not even thinking about rooting because its just really great out of the box.

i always recommend nexus 5/6, or S6 to anyone who asks my opinion. its just a shame that the nexus 6 only comes in that huge form factor... otherwise i would have gotten it over the S6 due to the vanilla android experience.

Nice. I will be rooting, but just because I hate ads. AdBlocker is something I always use on my phones. And I also run Nova Launcher on all my Android devices.

colham

Ready to race!
iPhone 6 here, previously 4s and HTC Hero.

Moved to Apple after the novelty of rooting an Android phone and hunting for custom roms just so that I could keep it up to date wore off.

Apple stuff just works.

Bungleaio

Ready to race!
I'm on my 4th iPhone too, now on the 6. I have tried out android with the Samsung s4 but I couldn't get on with it.

I can't be bothered with jail breaking or any other messing around. I'm happy to live in apples locked in world.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for personal. iPhone 6 for work.

It's interesting using both platforms day to day. Having only had the iPhone for about 3 weeks, it is very easy to use. I'm very familiar with iPhones but this is the first one I'd used every day. The battery life is pretty good and it does what I need it to do work work easily. My only bit of a gripe is the case I'm supposed to keep it in for work. Otterbox Commuter. It makes the screen a bit cumbersome to use properly.

The Note 4 us my first larger "Fablet" phone and I really enjoy the larger screen. Still fits in my pocket fine, has good battery life, and is fast.

My wife has the Galaxy S4 for now till I get her something new. She's fine with. Not picky and it works well.

Last edited:

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
And the great thing about Nexus phones is that they always get quick updates. Mine is on 5.1.1

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
My first smartphone was a Samsung Galaxy S4, from it I came to an S4 active afterwards and now have the S5 since 8 months or so.

I like the Samsung phones cause they run stable, they are processing very fast (even using Harry's Laptimer), have long lasting batteries, give you the opportunity to expand space via micro-SD card, they are easy as pie to use, communicate easily with other Samsung products and in the end I'm very used to them... ;)

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I'm on my 4th iPhone too, now on the 6. I have tried out android with the Samsung s4 but I couldn't get on with it.

I can't be bothered with jail breaking or any other messing around. I'm happy to live in apples locked in world.

same, I thought about galaxy s6, but since it won't download music from iTunes in it, another iPhone was a no brainer for me, plus I'm spoiled with how easy it is to use.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
same, I thought about galaxy s6, but since it won't download music from iTunes in it, another iPhone was a no brainer for me, plus I'm spoiled with how easy it is to use.
I use iTunes on my computer and just transfer them to my Android phone.