GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Cell Phone Are You Rocking?

tanstair

Passed Driver's Ed
Was annoyed when I bought the car and they assumed I had an iPhone, car was sent with the old and new adapters for iPhone, but I rock the very brilliant and in my opinion better phone on all counts the Xperia Z3 compact. Fits nicely in the media slot too :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

pjr

Ready to race!
Had 2 iPhones - 3GS & 4S, but once the contract was up on the 4S thought I'd try Android on the recommendations of a colleague who had the phone I was considering - Xperia Z3 Compact.

Having a memory card slot is great, I get a good 4G signal in my home town and the camera is brilliant. I had no issues with either of my iPhone's, but glad I made the move to Android.

Still have my iPad though.....

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Seems like the majority of those who have responded (so far) are rocking Androids.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Seems like the majority of those who have responded (so far) are rocking Androids.

Because the people with iphones aren't interested in phones at all. They bought it to work simply and that's it. Androids tend to be for the more hand-ons people. I use the analogy that androids are best for those who mod their cars, iphones are best for those who don't. Nothing against Iphones at all, but I want the ability to customize more things on mine.

OHHFSHO

Passed Driver's Ed
iPhone 6

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Does anyone else think its sad that with the latest Samsung flagship phones Note 5 and S6 that they totally look like they are trying to copy Apple? Plus removing battery access and removable media. I really like having removable media in my Note 4.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Waiting for the new LG Nexus 5 to drop on the 29th. Gotta have vanilla Android.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
iPhone 6plus 128GB here. I use Macbook Pro's and iPad interfacing throughout my company and I love the fact the iCloud lets me take my documents or pictures wherever I go. I've tried to be an Android guy a couple of times now and the interface just wasn't as user friendly and had too many glitches. I do think Android products have tech features that are superior to any thing Apple has to offer with things like processor speeds, screen resolution and picture quality... but the total package is just not put together as well as I would like it to be.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
iPhone 6plus 128GB here. I use Macbook Pro's and iPad interfacing throughout my company and I love the fact the iCloud lets me take my documents or pictures wherever I go. I've tried to be an Android guy a couple of times now and the interface just wasn't as user friendly and had too many glitches. I do think Android products have tech features that are superior to any thing Apple has to offer with things like processor speeds, screen resolution and picture quality... but the total package is just not put together as well as I would like it to be.

Never any glitches with stock Android. It's when OEMs put their overlays over top of it that it becomes buggy. The fact that I can access the file system and copy & paste without having to use what is one of the worst programs ever (iTunes) is also very compelling. :)
Another factor I like, is being able to make it mine. Custom launchers, icons, etc..

It's kind of like modding a car. Imagine buying a car that no one makes aftermarket products for. To me that's Apple.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Ill jump on the train. I have a Nexus 6 now. I love this phone to death. Nothing better than pure android. Switched to this after being a hardcore Samsung fan (S1, S3, S4, S5, Galaxy Tab 10.1). But after they locked the bootloader in S4 and S5, I said goodbye.

Hopefully Ill have time to flash the Marshmallow preview sometime soon.

Baldilocks, you are so right with that analogy. Modding a phone is like modding a car. Unlocking the bootloader and rooting is like an APR tune for androids. Really unlocks what they are capable of.