GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What camber kits do you guys like?

Jeremywarner59

Car(s)
Mk7 sportwagen
I've been looking at a basic camber kit that fcp euro sells that uses poly and is relatively In expensive my thought is it would be good for a dd with the poly bushing?

Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I've been looking at a basic camber kit that fcp euro sells that uses poly and is relatively In expensive my thought is it would be good for a dd with the poly bushing?

look no further than EuroSport’s camber inserts that plug directly into the OEM strut mounts you purchased from FCP.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have Eurosport kit. It's fantastic on the street. -0.8 more negative camber, no additional NVH. If I didn't autocross and track, it would be more than enough for canyon carving.

That being said, I want more. I'll be moving to Ground Control.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I'm assuming what your looking at one that uses the oem bearing?

if you get a poly type bushing product, find out recommended torque specs from the manufacturer. also find out cost of replacement bushings.

couple other considerations to know about ahead of time:

some kits cause a loss of strut travel which can be a concern if plan to aggressively lower in the future. Something to ask about if the kit uses a non VW bearing. VW did a good job packaging their standard top mount and bearing for strut travel (daily driving ride comfort).

Last edited:

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I have Eurosport kit. It's fantastic on the street. -0.8 more negative camber, no additional NVH. If I didn't autocross and track, it would be more than enough for canyon carving.

That being said, I want more. I'll be moving to Ground Control.

Is an alignment recommend after installing these? I just put mine in, things look alright, wondering if I should have the alignment checked just to be safe.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
I also recommend the Euro Sport camber kit. I also went with the Whiteline ball joints for additional negative camber, and some adjustability for alignment purposes.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Another vote for the Euro Sport inserts. They're a pain to install IMHO, I would buy the loaded mounts if doing it again. But I've had the 034 and SuperPro camber plates. Both add some harshness. Nothing crazy and livable for sure, but I would say the claim of "stock-like NVH" is... disingenuous.

I couldn't get either of them to provide anything close to stock-like silence; always had some noise when turning at parking lot speeds. Lots of stock/non-stock suspension configurations, went through almost 10 sets of strut bearings. Some replaced with less than 500 miles on them but cheap enough that I always got new ones. Didn't want to risk a $15 part causing the noise I was spending so much time/money to fix. That was 2 independent shops, the dealer and then me doing the work as I became distrustful of others 😂.

The Euro Sport inserts have been dead silent from day one. And since they go into the stock strut mounts the rubber isolation is still present. There's no added NVH... again in IMHO. But I will say I'm very sensitive to such things.