GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you guys paying for insurance?

Verichai

Passed Driver's Ed
I know these numbers seem to be all over the place, but I'm currently paying $575 every 6 month for my 2017 GTI which seems really expensive to me given my age and stats. Interestingly, I had my agent run a quote on a $70k Cayman GT4 and the quoted premium was LESS than I pay for my GTI. Makes zero sense. Just curious what others are paying and with whom. Thanks!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
1631139045804.png

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Jesus I think I’m in the $600’s for every 6 months… and I’m bundled with home insurance. Maybe I should shop around some

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
This thread is pointless... Insurance costs are going to vary widely depending zip code, driver age, and driving record.

So anywhere from $400-$3,000 every 6 months.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
$468 for 6 months through USAA, $500/$500 deductible and $100,000/$300,000 coverage.

Jeffapotamus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI
$871/year
Remember the amount of coverage, gender, age, and driving history are all factors in the price. I have decent coverage and new car replacement for the first 3 years. So if it's totaled I go to VW and insurance pays for a brand new GTI instead of a check for the value of a 3 year old car.

JakeySan92

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE W/ PP/LP
State farm was going to charge me $175 A MONTH with only comprehensive, moving from Cali to Texas, so I switch to AAA, and now I’m paying $105, with 1000/1000 deductible.
Was with state farm for 10 years, it PAYS to shop around for insurance, don’t be loyal to one insurer, it does you absolutely no good!
My rate for full coverage 100/100 deductible and 1,000,000 liability in South Dakota was $55… 🤧
Apparently there’s been a lot of claims for GTI’s this past year I was told by the rep on the phone, I wonder why? 🥴

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
~$650 for 6 mo for both my Golf and my older truck for decently high limits but I have them registered for only 3k miles each per year.

cb1111

Correct. My insurance changed by about $100 when I moved two miles down the road. Went from a single family with a garage to a townhouse with a garage. Nothing else changed.

We then moved from MD to VA and the insurance rates dropped significantly.

You can't compare one person's insurance to anyone else.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
This thread is pointless... Insurance costs are going to vary widely depending zip code, driver age, and driving record.

So anywhere from $400-$3,000 every 6 months.
Credit score...