GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What’s in your trunk?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I don't follow. Remove everything, wire it up with Fender wiring, put in and put floor over it.
So write ups I've read, incorporate another piece of audio equipment I've never used....read as if it converted audio signals. So you're saying all I need to do is acquire autobahn fender wiring harnesses?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I keep mine as empty as possible but keep a random gym bag thing for if i wind up needing it somewhere, extra socks/underwear/old shoes, battery cable, multitool and a tire plug/inflator kit.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I didn't have to. Fender has it's own amp. I just took out the fender sub and spare and dropped that box in. Fender is "easier" but is limited in functionality because the Fender amp doesn't have a ton of output like a dedicated sub amp would. Pretty sure that Cerwin Vega hits harder than my DIY sub.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
My trunk, Helix system but with the sub out feeding my own amp/sub... still fits under the floor in the upper position. Quick disconnect to pull the sub if I need the spare. Spare comes out without disturbing the amp rack. The funnel and spark plug socket are not normally in there, was on my way to work on the Mk4 that day. Normally keep a movers blanket sitting back there and use it to protect the car/whatever I might may be carrying.
Pic 4.jpgPic 1.jpgPic 2.jpgPic 3.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
My trunk, Helix system but with the sub out feeding my own amp/sub... still fits under the floor in the upper position. Quick disconnect to pull the sub if I need the spare. Spare comes out without disturbing the amp rack. The funnel and spark plug socket are not normally in there, was on my way to work on the Mk4 that day. Normally keep a movers blanket sitting back there and use it to protect the car/whatever I might may be carrying.
View attachment 187512View attachment 187510View attachment 187513View attachment 187511
Nice work there!

Baka

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2014 GTI PP
Water, energy bars, change of clothes, coat, gloves, hat, wipes, first aid kit, goggles, ear defenders, glass cleaner, de-icer, pressure gauge, tyre pump, antacids, antihistamines, painkillers, clothes, paper towels, body bags, quick lime, shovel.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
12v vacuum, set of lug nuts for the spare tire, and a fishing bobber.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So the piece I was referring (seen in another thread) too must have been where you wired in the rear door signal
It’s a line converter your referring to, the cerwin setup, is powered and the internal amp already had line output converters, so you would just need the powered sub, and direct power feed from the battery and to tap off the rear speaker lines (you don’t need a remote turn on wire either since the amp uses the signal from the speakers for that also)

I’ve had excessive systems in a cars to the Degree of 4 12” with a second battery in the trunk, and can confirm the bass output from this is excessive for any regular person just wanting some bass.

Also my trunk = lots n lots of junk and still the spare and roadside kit...

B4FBC291-0E87-48A9-A1B6-0F00C98C3CCB.jpeg
ECEF3AAF-8525-4C40-A9E2-DF4C0EA68F2E.jpeg
E08DA8A5-A545-49A7-A3CE-68D9F01E9445.jpeg

Last edited: