GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WFox's Autocross Journal

WFox93

Passed Driver's Ed
What springs are you running? Swift springs often have a smaller block height than others for same length and weight. Might be worth looking into if you're getting coilbind before getting into your bump stop.
I'm on H&R OE Sports. I'll have to go find the event photos that show off just how much this hump was punishing the cars. The video doesn't really do it justice

WFox93

Passed Driver's Ed
Here are a couple pics of my car and a couple others that show off this hump. Seriously could have been a crossover day with the local RallyX club lol
1624035322617.png
1624035262099.png

1624035702023.png
1624035719059.png

1624035746854.png
1624035770409.png

And credit where credit is due. Photos were by RainbowMarksPhotography. RainbowMarks.com (I cropped for size and lost his watermark)

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
This may not be a helpful comment but my H&R OE Sports bind in the front. I bought some Tein spring silencers to help. Not sure if the binding is exacerbated by my Superpro fixed camber mounts.

WFox93

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey there David and David!

Awesome meeting you @xXDavidCXx and glad we got Zemon to join the forum. Wealth of knowledge on here.

Anyway, an update for everyone else.

This weekend was an awesome one. St. Louis got to host its first MiDiv in 15 years from what I hear. Pretty sweet two day event with a bunch of folks coming in from out of town. It was pretty neat running the same (similar) course forward then reverse the next day. The car held up well after the alignment so that was great. I'm really liking the zero toe all round though I'm considering more out after a discussion with DavidC and seeing his runs, This guy's got me doing a fair bit of thinking about my suspension and alignment actually. I ended up taking third the first day and second for day two for 3rd place overall in STH. For some reason I couldn't seem to get my car where I wanted it on course on day 1. Day two when much better. I was a lot more consistent and even managed to beat out my normal local competition while he was riding in the car with me lol.

Here's my best run from Day 1

And Day 2

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Hey there David and David!

Awesome meeting you @xXDavidCXx and glad we got Zemon to join the forum. Wealth of knowledge on here.

Anyway, an update for everyone else.

This weekend was an awesome one. St. Louis got to host its first MiDiv in 15 years from what I hear. Pretty sweet two day event with a bunch of folks coming in from out of town. It was pretty neat running the same (similar) course forward then reverse the next day. The car held up well after the alignment so that was great. I'm really liking the zero toe all round though I'm considering more out after a discussion with DavidC and seeing his runs, This guy's got me doing a fair bit of thinking about my suspension and alignment actually. I ended up taking third the first day and second for day two for 3rd place overall in STH. For some reason I couldn't seem to get my car where I wanted it on course on day 1. Day two when much better. I was a lot more consistent and even managed to beat out my normal local competition while he was riding in the car with me lol.

Here's my best run from Day 1

And Day 2

That 2nd run was smooth.

What is that clunking noise when you turn though