GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went Stage 2 with EQT, not performing as expected. Logs included.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
Went to my Audi dealer today for RS7 plugs, they wanted 40 per plug. I showed them that their own website has them for 11 each and he said the best he can do is 25, so I left. Sounds like Ruths are next, thanks to all the recent input.
Get’em thru FCPEuro, about the best pricing and you know you get the Real Deal.
Once your oil pressure builds that noise goes away.
Separate issue I didn't want to make a new thread for (unless necessary), I've always had this weird hissing rattle noise as the car is running since I bought it. It is louder from under the car, can't hear it from the engine bay.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
ngk's bought for 49.18 from the link above. seems to be the cheapest really. I cross checked some of the ngk sites they had listed. Shipping is 5$, there is "free" shipping from some of the other affliated sited but whatever, still a few bucks cheaper.

Also, if someone said they couldn't match their online store I would just walk out too, pretty much bs and dealer mark up

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Do you really ship your used motor oil back to FCP ?
Yep. The 6L kits (1 large/1 small bottle, filter, o-ring, plug) all fit nicely (albeit tightly) in a USPS large flat rate box - $21.07. Plus you can chuck your wipers in there too for more savings.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
THANKS, YOU DA MAN! now I just need to buy oil kit again. I guess ill stick with liquid moly. I know there was a thread on here about the one with the rebate but idn where that went
FCP will be the cheapest in the long run for the Liquimoly kits. Or, you can get the Castrol/Mobil 1 0W40 at Wallyworld for about $35 or so all-in (including rollback/rebates, a filter, and getting your drain plugs on Amazon) for the same approvals (VW502.00).

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Yep. The 6L kits (1 large/1 small bottle, filter, o-ring, plug) all fit nicely (albeit tightly) in a USPS large flat rate box - $21.07. Plus you can chuck your wipers in there too for more savings.
I got the liquid moly kit and filter from ecs for 59, ngk plugs for 49 via ngk and amazon magnetic spark plug tool since last time I used the paper method and f*ck that lol. Also suprised to see you don't need antiseize on ngk plugs.

Honestly more power to you if you get free (oil, spark plugs, wipers, filters). I just spent 109 on my maintence kit (oil 6L, 4 plugs, 1 filter). Sounds a lot cheaper to just do 20$ but, I don't know how they arn't loosing tons of money if everyone does this. Seems like it would be a big hit to them.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I see you're from Va. I ship via ups and cut the box down as close as possible and it was $15 and some change

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I got the liquid moly kit and filter from ecs for 59, ngk plugs for 49 via ngk and amazon magnetic spark plug tool since last time I used the paper method and f*ck that lol. Also suprised to see you don't need antiseize on ngk plugs.

Honestly more power to you if you get free (oil, spark plugs, wipers, filters). I just spent 109 on my maintence kit (oil 6L, 4 plugs, 1 filter). Sounds a lot cheaper to just do 20$ but, I don't know how they arn't loosing tons of money if everyone does this. Seems like it would be a big hit to them.
Not everyone does it and some people don't even keep cars long enough to go through most parts

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
I see you're from Va. I ship via ups and cut the box down as close as possible and it was $15 and some change
Just about the same for me in central PA via UPS. I have the guy at work ship back the kits for my wife's A4 and my GTI.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Businesses typically don't offer things that lose them money, simple as that. Think about it. Right now they have likely gained some customers from this thread. Most folks don't take advantage of it b/c they don't believe it or it's a hassle etc. Most folks don't keep their cars long enough to really get much out of some things like brake pads, clutches, etc. When you go to buy your new kit which is required before you get your refund, oh...you toss in some other crap you needed into your car. It probably returns for them nicely overall. I'm in it for oil change kits, plugs, wipers, and cabin filters. Brake pads/rotors would be a *maybe* I would get some use out of it.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Noise goes away after it warms up? If so, normal.
Nope, its there all the time.

Rutheniums are $9.59 each at Napa. Order online and free ship to store. There may be a rebate or online first customer discount, which I got.
I always forget Napa exists, good idea.

NGK sometimes gives free t-shirts though.... And they are super soft.
Very true, gotta love a free NGK shirt!

You should've asked to speak to his manager because he was being a fucking dickhead and price gouging those spark plugs.
Yeah I could have, I might give them a call and see what they say. However now I am leaning towards the rutheniums, so maybe it was for the best.

FCP will be the cheapest in the long run for the Liquimoly kits. Or, you can get the Castrol/Mobil 1 0W40 at Wallyworld for about $35 or so all-in (including rollback/rebates, a filter, and getting your drain plugs on Amazon) for the same approvals (VW502.00).
I get 6 quart cases of Mobil 1 0w40 and Costco for $26 when the have it in stock, so I buy like 4 cases to last me a while. Filter and drain plugs from Amazon.