GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went Stage 2 with EQT, not performing as expected. Logs included.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Moto- this happens from time to time when a thread gets on, no harm with adding a little humor to things to liven things up a bit or change direction. Usually when it gets to this point, it is more beneficial to start a new thread with a different aspect of your experience/situation etc., like New Pugs! or I Love Ethanol Now (think we ALL do in one form or another ;)). Hang in there.

And yes, while some can show an "immature adult" side, most like me are here to enjoy discussion about the platform, and have a little fun. At least thats what I do. Helps me decompress and forget about my world for a minute (which can be pretty f-ed up at times). Anyway, Happy MOTOring! (see what I did there ?😁).

S.T.O.P D.E.R.A.I.L.I.N.G T.H.E T.H.R.E.A.D W.I.T.H Y.O.U.R P.E.T.T.Y E.X.C.U.S.E.S!!!

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I just nuked like 2 pages of posts. Please keep relatively on topic. As you can tell i allow lose talk here and there, but 2-3 pages straight of nothing to do witht he post is a little out of control. We do have an off topic area where you can basically post about anything.

thanks!

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I just nuked like 2 pages of posts. Please keep relatively on topic. As you can tell i allow lose talk here and there, but 2-3 pages straight of nothing to do witht he post is a little out of control. We do have an off topic area where you can basically post about anything.

thanks!
Appreciated. There was like 5 solid pages of "wait wtf thread did I click", glad its gone.

As far as the topic of the thread: Since I have been running Ethanol blend the car has been great, no knocking showing on the AP monitors. The hot weather still is taking its toll on the small 8 liter stock intercooler though, so this will have to go. A TCU tune is probably coming up next due to the erratic behavior of the DSG with the Stage 2 tune. I contacted EQT about plugs and he recommended to go RS7s over the NGK Racing -9s, so I will be going to a local audi dealer today to see if they have them in stock (and if they will price match genuineaudiparts.com). Will continue to update as things change!

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Appreciated. There was like 5 solid pages of "wait wtf thread did I click", glad its gone.

As far as the topic of the thread: Since I have been running Ethanol blend the car has been great, no knocking showing on the AP monitors. The hot weather still is taking its toll on the small 8 liter stock intercooler though, so this will have to go. A TCU tune is probably coming up next due to the erratic behavior of the DSG with the Stage 2 tune. I contacted EQT about plugs and he recommended to go RS7s over the NGK Racing -9s, so I will be going to a local audi dealer today to see if they have them in stock (and if they will price match genuineaudiparts.com). Will continue to update as things change!

I got them less than a month ago for $15 each at an Audi dealership by just saying I found them online for that cost, no proof needed. I told them I didn't need a receipt but...

6.63% sales tax rate
$3.98 tax
$60 pre-tax total
$15 each

jdsparkplugs.png

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Ruths worked fine in mine, stage 2 E30.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
And doesn't Ed say to run 1 step colder and recommend RS7s?

Yes he does. He recommends the NGK racing plugs for above stage 2 but there's too many guys running the Rutheniums and liking them on high power cars.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Another weigh in for EQT Stage 2 with the Ruth's, no issues. I got them for like $7 and change from RockAuto I believe.