GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went Stage 2 with EQT, not performing as expected. Logs included.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What's with everyone in this thread who lives in the USA quoting temperarure in celcius? I've never seen that before. I find performing the math in my head combersome. Did everyone just come back from living in Europe?

I wondered the same thing and I used C because everyone else was. But I just ask Alexa to convert it.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I should add, I am from South Jersey. An almost literal swamp on a peninsula. I used to get out of the shower, and by the time I managed to dry off I'd be so sweaty I wanted another shower.

-9s are fine, but make sure you give it some full throttles to burn them off; I believe there is a slightly higher chance of them fouling if they don't get upto temp once in a while.

That was me in Atlanta. I hate humidity.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What's with everyone in this thread who lives in the USA quoting temperarure in celcius? I've never seen that before. I find performing the math in my head combersome. Did everyone just come back from living in Europe?

I'm from Europe, and in the 23 years I've been in the US I never got used to degF. All I know right off the bat is 32degF and 212degF. Really dumb temperature scale if you ask me.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I'm from Europe, and in the 23 years I've been in the US I never got used to degF. All I know right off the bat is 32degF and 212degF. Really dumb temperature scale if you ask me.

I agree, and the history of how it came to be is really convuluted if I remember right. I try to always do the math when I hear a temp in c so maybe eventually I'll just have some of it memorized in the way you know 212 is 100 without thinking.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
US should have used the metric system. I'm always asking Alexa to convert mm to inches etc.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I agree, and the history of how it came to be is really convuluted if I remember right. I try to always do the math when I hear a temp in c so maybe eventually I'll just have some of it memorized in the way you know 212 is 100 without thinking.

Yeah, it's based on some water-salt solution.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Asking Alexa to convert for you. :)

I'm being facetious, don't mind me.

It's the fastest way. That's why I said that the US should have used the metric system so the world would all be the same. Don't really know why we didn't.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
2 types.png

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Yep, born and raised in Jersey. I'll take the dry heat over humidity any damn day. The older I've gotten, the more I sweat my balls off and can't take the humidity anymore.
Sound just like my dad, i was lucky enough to get out of VA before the heatwave came through, now you guys have gotten slammed by some rain and more from the tropical storm from what i heard